Testing Engineer - Chassis & Powertrain
One of the world's most recognisable Automotive brands.
This is a truly exciting opportunity, to work for a dynamic and iconic brand.
My client is an iconic brand in the global automotive business. With a history dating back over 100 years, the business now employs over 7000 people worldwide and produces over 500,000 vehicles a year. Under several different brand names my client produces light commercial, economical vehicles and two-wheel scooters, for use in urbanised environments.
As the Test Engineer, you will ensure the coordination of the development tests from the realisation of the prototypes to the industrialisation of the vehicle for the purposes of project validation.
You will plan and coordinate the test activities, verifying the functional and performance, in correspondence to the project specifications.
Other Priorities include:
- Defines the number of vehicles required to ensure compliance with product development times.
- Suggests any new test methods.
- Collects data and manages any problems highlighted by the tests, providing solutions and negotiating the solutions with the Engineering department and the Platform
- Checks the test reports and makes them available to the Engineering department and the Platform.
- Provides assistance to other R&D Departments (Engineering, Innovation, and platform) and collaborates with them to achieve the objectives (time, cost, quality).
In order to be considered for this role, you must have experience room within the automotive sector. Candidates with no automotive experience will not be considered.
- 4 year's relevant experience in a Testing role, in automotive, with sound knowledge of vehicle dynamics
- Extended Knowledge of product development & engineering practices in automotive field
- Effective oral and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aeronautical Engineering preferred
- Fluent in both spoken and written English (if possible Italian, too)
This is a truly exciting opportunity, to work for a dynamic and iconic brand. You will be a part of a small team in Beijing who are passionate about style, innovation and quality.