(Sr.) Field Application Scientist, APAC
Our client's products have been used as gold standard for NGS sampling.
Result oriented- you can choose to have flexible working hours and locations.
Our client is a rapidly growing, profitable, technology company headquartered in Massachusetts, USA. They have developed a proprietary and patented technology platform which is utilized in sample preparation processes in the analytical and life sciences industries worldwide. They have become the gold standard for DNA fragmenting in the Next-Generation Sequencing market and their products have been used by the largest and most productive genome centres.
- Partner with APAC Distributors specifically China distributor sales representatives to serve as the company's technology scientific/technical expert to help drive sales and provide support for new and existing customers.
- Lead new projects, understand the new softwares, and help position new consumables with technical expertise.
- Organize and execute demonstrations of company's applications and products; manage these projects independently to ensure all demonstration equipment is fully functional and optimized.
- Help to maintain a library of publications pertaining to the use of the Company's technology.
- Assist in the assessment of new applications for the Company's technology; provide technical expertise and insight for customer needs
- Assist marketing to educate APAC distributors on current content.
- Work with Distributors to release new protocols that use the Company's technology.
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, microbiology, biochemistry or similarly relevant field is preferred. Alternatively, a MSc with at least 5 years lab experience in relevant area.
- Fluent in Chinese and English.
- Knowledge of Next Generation Sequencing is mandatory.
- Direct lab experience of sample preparation techniques for molecular biology applications (cell lysis, microbiome, exosome, etc.).
- General understanding of sample preparation for epigenetics-based applications such as ChIP-seq, HiC, MeDIP-seq, methyl-seq.
- Experience with Mass Spectrometry, cell/tissue disruption, and protein extraction will be highly beneficial.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Confident and adapt in putting together and delivering scientific and technical presentations.
- Must be able to work well independently and as part of a team
- Experience with CRM systems (e.g., Salesforce).
- Must be detail oriented and highly motivated.
- Critical thinking skills, highly organized with the ability to prioritize tasks and timelines.
- Availability to travel up to 75% of working time in the field.
- Flexible working hours and locations
- Competitive salary schemes