Software Developer - Biometric Tech
Global leader for Biometrics authentication software solutions
Software Developer for newly established Shanghai Global R&D Centre
About Our Client
Our client is Precise Biometrics global market-leading supplier of solutions for convenient and secure authentication of people's identity. Precise Biometrics develops and sells fingerprint software that provide the market's best user experience and security. The solutions are used hundreds of millions of times every day by people all over the world and are marketed together with strong partners.
Precise Biometrics was founded in 1997 with a vision to offer fingerprint technology for mobile phones. The company has been a pioneer ever since the start and continue to offer innovative solutions for convenient and secure authentication of digital identity. Precise Biometrics is a global company with headquarters in Lund, Sweden and office in Potsdam, NY, USA are currently establishing R&D centre in Shanghai, China. The company is listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm.
Precise Biometrics offers fingerprint recognition software for smart phones, tablets, smart cards, wearables, locks, cars & IoT. The company also develops and sell software for fingerprint spoof and liveness detection. Precise Biometrics´ key customers are sensor manufacturers, security companies and system integrators and include both established market leaders and new fingerprint technology vendors.
Precise Biometrics is the leader in fingerprint software. The software provides the best user experience for products with small sensors and constrained environments. Our solutions are used every day by hundreds of millions of people.
As a Shanghai based Software Developer role you will be expected to develop and support Precise Biometrics' BMM (BioMatch Mobile) and BME (BioMatch Embedded) products. The role covers both back end technical work as well as client facing activity.
More specific responsibilities of Software Engineer will include:
- Do core algorithm research and implementation
- Do core Machine Learning research and implementation
- Analyse sensor image databases and writing reports
- Conduct biometric performance evaluations
- Optimize algorithm for certain fingerprint sensor sizes and technology
- Educate staff in specialist domain
- Take part in customer support activities, either from the office or on-site
- Take part in pre-sales activities, either from the office or on-site
The Successful Applicant
Key Skills & Experience
- Master of Science degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- At least three years' experiences from similar positions, working close to customers.
- Thorough technical experience and knowledge within mobile development
- Exceptional C-programming skills
- Experience in image processing and image analysis is desirable
- Image analysis experience is a major plus
- Biometric experience is a plus
- Machine Learning experience and knowledge is a plus
- Fluent Mandarin and English communication
Successful candidate profile should match the following:
Technology driven person
- Customer focused and committed to result and customer satisfaction
- Action oriented
- Self-going and independent
- Mature personality with great presentation skills
- Developed social competence with ability for professional networking
- Flexible working hours, accepting high work load in critical project phases
- Able to give technical presentations and training sessions to the customer
- Willing to travel frequently
- Stable experience and focus on long-term development, ability to work alone initially with support from HQ
- High ethical standards, integrity, transparency to fit in the international environment
What's on Offer
The company provides amazing opportunities for young, bright, and motivated individuals who want to thrive in a dynamic and rewarding international working environment within the most advanced technology field.
All engineers will receive appropriate training at Precise Biometrics HQ (Lund, Sweden) and/or in Shanghai office.
The compensation will consist of base pay + bonus based on performance. The company has ambitious growth plans in this region and the selected candidate would be able to build a good career.