Senior Merchandiser - Lighting
Good Salary with Promotion Space
About Our Client
My client is one of the most famous retailer in North-Eur.
- Assist Merchandising Manager to do relevant issues, like sourcing, get quotations, and order follow up.
- Manage placement time and action across locations and ensure timely execution of all decisions.
- Identify and resolve product spec issues upfront. Direct product specs to the right supplier. Understand and communicate product requirements of each program to Sourcing offices
- Proactively identify potential product and production issues. Involve Production Teams to achieve quality, price and delivery requirements.
- Ensure all supplier quotations and samples are completed on a timely basis for appropriate decision making to meet objectives.
- Contribute to the building of the sourcing matrix and supplier alignment by product category.
- Maintain and update the performance data of each supplier on a regular basis. Monitor supplier performance.
- Compile relevant business reports and recaps to better understand and manage the business.
- Find new suppliers
- Manage samples and offers
- Initiate Quality Control & CSR activities related to suppliers
- Take care of all necessary documentation and master data maintenance related to sourcing process
The Successful Applicant
- Basic Sense and Knowledge of lighting/seasonal lighting, SDA, bulb, battery.
- Basic knowledge of certificates for European market.
- Able to discern performance differences between various manufacturers.
- Able to identify creative alternative solutions to solve problems and meet product objectives in quality, delivery and price.
- Understanding of technical specifications, components and construction. Basic production knowledge.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision. Able to work under pressure.
- Good negotiation skills in working with suppliers on product and price.
- Team player with ability to work with associates from different cultures.
- Able to coordinate efforts of associates in multiple offices and work together in a positive and collaborative manner.
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects and timelines and keep them on track.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Proficient PC skills including MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Good communication skills.
What's on Offer
Clear promotion space and good salary