Global branding in Furniture Industry
Unique Opportunity to join an international team
Our client is boconcept which was born in denmark in 1952, and is today a premium retail lifestyle brand. With close to three hundred stores in over sixty countries.They design, produce and sell contemporary furniture, accessories and lighting for living, dining, sleeping, home-office and outdoor spaces. They also help our customers create a personal home with our comprehensive in-home or store interior design service.
- Ensure monthly / quarterly / annual revenue and profit goals are met or exceeded.
- Develop long term strategies for both owned and franchised doors including financial planning, store scrap-and-build plans and proposals of new retail formats.
- Working with the Training and Retail Manager, ensure Store Managers and Store Associates are well trained and motivated and develop strong teamwork amongst store staff.
- Develop a strong partnership with franchise partners and ensure their operations are profitable, in line with BoConcept China expectations and managed in a legally compliant manner.
- Working in conjunction with the Business Development Manager, seek new franchise partners and plan and open new stores.
- Ensure store staff is well trained in both daily sales and in conducting the in-home Interior Decoration service
- Working in conjunction Visual Merchandising, ensure stores are merchandised with proper furniture and accessories; ensure sufficient inventory for accessories.
- Working in conjunction with Marketing, ensure store promotions are executed
- Report to Country Manager and China Leadership Team the latest store financials and other KPI's; develop and execute action plans in case of short-fall.
- Working in conjunction with Marketing, IT and Operations, develop and execute omni-channel strategies that will further develop synergies between bricks and mortar and digital commerce stores including T-Mall.
- Report to Denmark latest performance and all activities at stores.
- As Director of the company, take lead in company-wide initiatives
- Passion for retail - meeting and exceeding store revenue targets, training top-tier staff and delighting the consumers.
- Hands on and willing to get things done, whatever it takes - strong bias for action.
- Knows how to have fun with a strong sense of work / life balance.
- Outside of the box thinking - can Dream BigStrong partnership skills, especially in finding and managing franchise partners.
- Strong business acumen - not only to ensure BC China's success but also to assist franchise partners in their business plan development and daily operations.
- Energy and tenacity - we will be growing at a significant pace and we need a leader who can stay energized for the entire journey.
- At least 5 years of retail leadership experience, either as head of Retail department or head of division at a larger company.
- At least 5 years of managing a franchise business
- At least 10 years of retail sales experience at a retail driven brand, in such industries as premium apparel and accessories (jewellery, watches, leather goods), cosmetics, interior, automotive and other lifestyle segments.
- Strong foundation of retail fundamentals including understanding and management of retail KPI's.
- Teamwork skills and ability to collaborate with other department heads.
- Strong integrity - need to understand and adhere to Western standards in compliance.
- Ability to think strategically, analytically and tactically
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both in Chinese and English (business level).
- University bachelor degree or above
- Career progression - we like to see added responsibilities and promotions every few years
- Experience in the furniture industry
- New business development experience (new store opening experience and contacts in the industry).
Candidate will join the Leadership Team in China