Regional IT Manager China
International exposure within a matrix environment
Promising career path within an international environment
Our client is a well-established non-profitable oragnization with global presence.
- Develop and maintain appropriate governance and oversight of the service providers and ensure services are delivered in accordance with contracted obligations. Be directly accountable to IT&T and China management for service performance and customer satisfaction and be accountable for local (China) end to end IT service.
- Exercise astute commercial governance to ensure charges are consistent with pricing models and that mechanisms exist to accurately track volumetric data and associated changes.
- Support project delivery by providing extensive knowledge of China IT landscape to maximise success (vendors, legal and business environment).
- Create and maintain close relationships with the customers in China to ensure management and representation of their expectations when dealing with Service Providers and the company HQ's IT & Transformation. Working with Markets IT Business Partner will provide China unique knowledge and experience and contribute to the strategic planning process (for example, China Cyber Security laws.)
- Be a specialist partner to the China leadership to ensure IT & Transformation drives the development and success of the company's business in China
- Work closely with the IT Operations team to both shape and ensure adherence to company IT standards, policies and procedures balancing Global requirements with local China needs. Act as a conduit and trusted IT representative for appropriate IT escalations out of country ensuring appropriate levels of communication at all times whilst facilitating equitable outcomes for all parties.
Service, Cost and Risk Management skills:
o Working within an IT/IS team that adhere to the ITIL framework / standards.
o Experience in maintaining excellent service standards, escalation management and regular management reporting.
o Proven operational management ability: measuring and reporting on operational performance, assessing position and taking appropriate and effective management actions.
o Experience in managing budgets including cost accounting and forecasting.
o Experience in assessing the risks to delivery of services to the business, tracking these risks and creating mitigation plans to address.
Supplier & Contract Management skills:
o Hold a formal contract management accreditation or relevant experience
o Managed outsourcing contracts covering infrastructure, application development and maintenance services.
o Drafting proposed agreements and contract changes between clients, contractors, subcontractors, and other third parties for a variety of business ventures, liaising directly with ACCA Procurement & Legal teams where Policy dictates.
o Communicates with clients and contractors regarding contractual issues through preparing and delivering clear, concise business messages and information to ensure clarity of purpose, whether in formal communications or in informal situations.
o Has the ability to evaluate proposals, apply techniques to prioritise activities and maximise benefits, based on value to the business.
o Ability where required, to translate Chinese written language contracts into English language and provide expert guidance on these contracts and local supplier knowledge.
The job holder will possess experience of the following
o Exposure to project delivery (either having had previous experience of being directly accountable or in a supportive role).
o Excellent customer engagement skills with the ability to communicate, guide and influence key management stakeholders.
o Experience of strategic planning of IT capabilities and working with business stakeholders to achieve business transformation.
o Managing in a matrixed environmental and ideally with global teams
The job holder will operate with autonomy to be albe to initiate, influence and set priorities to meet goals.
Operating within an IT function that has for the most part outsourced their IT capabilities
The role will be expected to manage a diverse portfolio service contracts across all offices in China
The role will be expected to manage delivery of Global Outsourcing agreements in China whose ownership resides in the UK
The role will be expected to support the company's development in China. It will balance the needs of the IT function with local China uniqueness, acting as a subject matter expert.
The role requires the ability to work in a complex matrix management environment to balance the needs of conflicting stakeholders with tact and collaboration