stable company platform
competitive salary and benefit
Established in 1970, it is a precision metal parts and OEM manufacturers. They have a wide range of products, which specialize in manufacturing adapters, connecters, electronic appliances, automotive metal parts, shafts of fax machines and photocopiers etc.
Their headquarter is in Hong Kong, and we have 4 factories in China, they are located in Shenzhen, Wuxi and Dalian. The new plant is equipped with various advanced machines, such as CNC, automatic lathes, machine centers, metal press, plastic injection machines etc. Besides, the factories are equipped with various kinds of measuring instruments, including Cop-ordinate Measuring Machine, roundness tester, roughness tester, projector, inside dial indicator and run-out tester etc.
1. Set up and maintain R&D Competence Center.
· Develop R&D center and build a capable team
· Supervise R&D projects, insure that results are delivered in a timely manner, allocate resources as required to meet objectives
· Administer R&D budget, maintain activities within budget, secure resources
· Build a culture of lean innovation involving cross functional team to resolve issues timely hence reducing product development lead time
2. Assure robust product generation plan and develop products to meet expectation from the market and to drive product leadership.
· Interface with end-users, distributors, customers to understand trend and market expectation;
· Stay abreast to Government and related policies relating to technical, material, etc. requirements
· Close liaison with businesses to understand needs and priorities
· Close liaison with operation to ensure practicality of new product manufacturing
· Continuously improve products in terms of benefits, costs and quality
3. Product Management.
· Lead product portfolio strategy, drive product life cycle management and product generation plan
· Propose and develop new products, modification of products, Propose to rationalize products. Manage product line, product mix, etc.
· Analyze product performance (Costs, gross margin, turnover, trends,…) and the position of products in life-cycle. Benchmark with competitive offers (products and solutions) to conduct relevant analysis
· Market intelligence gathering through market/onsite visit and sales force interaction to understand the needs from markets
· To set up product development processes under the Group Gateway Process to assure product development tollgate review and approval
· Set up relevant product management processes such as collection of VOC (voice of the customer) and product generation planning
· Develop relevant training programs for sales teams and/or distributors to launch new products
· Active participation with industry and government committee meeting to understand new specification requirements and new regulation to ensure product portfolio relevance to the market
4. Provide technical support to sales team to get our products drawn and designed into construction projects.
5. Provide support to product related certifications.
6. Patent and technical filing and management
More than 10 years working experience in Mechanical industry and at least 5 years as R&D management roles. Experience in sheet-metal is a plus
· Be familiar with metal material industry
· Preferably with international exposure.
· Excellent inter-personal capacity with self esteem, sincere people orientation, influencing skill and efficient communication
· Result oriented and able to manage multi tasks. Taking initiatives, positive thinking, willing and quick to learn
· Hands on and down to earth
· Good management skills
· Mature, loyal, team player, can work under pressure
Bachelor degree or equivalent, major in Mechanical Design or related discipline,
· Fluent English reading and writing is a plus and preferred
*You will work in a professional and dynamic R&D team;
*Competitive salary and benefit will provided;
*Technical management role;