Plant Manager - CNC Oriented
Leading global technology and manufacturing leader
Responsibility for multiple sites
Our client is a leading manufacturing leader with the appointment of a permanent Plant Manager to take responsibility for three of their GC sites. Their clients vary from heavy machinery, oil&gas, automotive, and valves.
- Provide leadership for the successful day-to-day operation of the facility.
- Organise the Plant's capacity and technical capabilities to meet the planned production schedules as presented by the logistics teams.
- Take action to ensure that late production orders or urgent orders are achieved and expedited.
- Work closely with quality personnel to review product consistency while monitoring scrap rates to determine trends and areas of improvement.
- Review established production schedules for the site to insure established inventory levels are met while operating at the highest efficiency possible.
- Coordinate the hiring and training of all manufacturing staff.
- Monitor operation expenses and research ways to reduce costs while maintaining product quality.
- Maintain and support a superior safety and housekeeping program, including all timely communication initiatives.
- Develop and execute the plant manufacturing budgets.
- Conduct performance appraisals and provide coaching and guidance to all operations employees.
- Encourage and promote operating in a continuous improvement environment.
- Remove waste and constraints from the production process to improve efficiency's and enhance productivity.
- Monitor production performance on a daily / weekly basis and formulate corrective actions, where necessary.
- Ensure that assembly / ancillary equipment, machine tools and other equipment necessary to maintain production to standard rates are maintained to required maintenance and safety levels by suitably planned maintenance procedures.
- A proven Operations, Site or Plant management background
- At least 5 years' hands-on experience in CNC manufacturing
- Strong working knowledge of implementing and using continuous improvement/lean tools such as Six Sigma, 5-S, Lean Manufacturing, Transactional Lean, etc. to drive improvement.
- Fluent English and Mandarin is a must
- Strong sense of Environment, Healthy, and Safety
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global manufacturing business with an enviable reputation and history of innovation.