huge developement room
A global leader in engines and power generation systems.
- Holds responsibility for program planning, construction and start of operations of the new Greenfield operation.
- Ensures that Operations are carried out safely in compliance with Kohler Policies and Procedures while working with Global and Regional supporting team, such as Project, EHS, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Engineering. Transfer of all processing, production and supply chain requirements from other relevant sites into specification of new site.
- Ensure that facility and plant operations meet or exceed all regulatory and corporate requirements on environment, health and safety.
- Is responsible for project completion within agreed upon budget and time.
- Build capable professional team, upgrade competencies and skills level of the team as business required. Lead plant personnel to strive for operational excellence with a culture for striving for improvement.
- Ensure the short-term and long-term availability of a competent workforce with high working morale.
- Establish advanced operating system, performance metrics and a data-driven management culture so that performance is visible daily/weekly/monthly in order to take effective corrective actions in cases of deviation.
- Be responsible for strategic planning and execution on business improvements, Lean operational excellence, improve productivity and enhance profitability through continued improvements.
- Manage high standards of operation by increasing production yield, reducing production cost, improving quality and respecting safety.
- Coordinate with all relevant functions to ensure that there is a focused effort to meet with market and customer need.
- Participate actively in product development efforts after design approval, including supply chain planning, manufacturing engineering, quality planning and product testing and verification.
- Lead and sustain an active continuous improvement program throughout the facility to improve on safety, quality, delivery, cost and employee morale.
- Efficiently and effectively handle all issues related to product quality in the field and provide the level of responsiveness and professionalism expected from customers.
- Review product quality and cost of quality frequently so as to clearly identify specific, time-bound improvement projects.
- Ensure that all customer orders are delivered on time and in full. Take immediate and effective action when an order becomes past due.
- Work actively with the Procurement function to improve on quality and on-time-delivery of purchased materials.
- Lead all efforts on SAP system adherence and improvements.
- Ensure efficient turnover of inventory to reduce cost associated with carrying inventory.
- Lead special projects such as plant expansion and new materials and processes development.
- Keep and develop relationships with local authorities.
- Participate actively in mid- and long-term strategy development and deployment.
- Participate actively in annual financial and capital plan processes.
- Bachelor degree or above in an engineering field, an MBA/EMBA degree preferred
- A minimum of 15 years of manufacturing operations management experience in a mechanical manufacturing environment and a minimum of 10 years of supervisory/managerial experience
- Good computer skills and working knowledge of ERP/CAD/CAM/CAE software systems
- Familiar with quality, manufacturing and continuous improvement systems such as ISO9001, ISO14001, TPM, Kaizen, Lean, 6Sigma and 5S
- Good oral and written English skills
lasting development room