National Sales Manager - Market Research
Great opportunity to head up a China branch of an Australian business
Manage a small China team to assist business, bilateral trade and investments
Our client is one of a leading Australian business organisation that provides a wide range of consulting services and solutions to clients across various industries including Food & Beverage, Health Care, IT, Banking and Finance, Education, Textiles, Travel etc. Having already established a vast network of over 20,000 different businesses (from small start-ups to large corporations and enterprises) and having over 50 offices in 3 different continents, our client is looking to further penetrate the China market. The company is delivering high-quality services, support and expertise to its clients, generating over 200 million Australian dollars in 2017.
This role is opened in Shanghai branch of Australian business organisation providing business services, information support, advisory and products promotion to Australian and Chinese clients. The company is looking to further expand their Shanghai office by putting a senior leader to manage the China office and a small team. This position will require a hands-on experience in management, business development and/or China business consulting business development, mature mind-set and capability to manage key stakeholder relations with government, industry and business sectors.
An incredible opportunity for the candidates to develop themselves together with the growing team and explore the China market. Perfect for candidates with strong commercial sense, entrepreneurial spirit and positive attitude. If you have experience in consulting & business services sales, well familiar with business development in China and possess high ethical standards to fit in the international environment - this job is for you;
As a China National Commercial Manager you would be expected to focus on 3 areas: Team Management, Sales & project delivery Management and Business Representation of the Company as the most senior person in China branch.
More specific responsibilities of Business Development specialist will include:
- Indirect revenue targets for consulting projects (assisting clients to achieve sales in China) facing Australian clients entering China market;
- Reach direct revenue targets for the team's own services;
- Lead and manage the China office to meet KPIs assigned including revenue target and requirement on delivering quality consulting services and assistance to clients in a timely manner.
- Secure and manage sales opportunities within longer selling cycles while driving short term revenue opportunities;
- Proactive Account Management - Including regular client meetings/service reviews;
- Further develop business with new and existing clients, delivering quality and on-time result;
- Assist HQ to identify opportunities and develop new service offerings, and improve existing service packages.
- Organise business events and PR events to promote clients and also the organisation to China;
- Manage key stakeholder relationship and Represent the business in relevant events, attend exhibitions support marketing activities;
Successful candidate profile should include:
- A self-driven profession, able to lead and manage a small China team of a leading foreign organisation to develop business and ready for hands-on work;
- Over 12 years' experience in business services, China business consulting and/or business development;
- Over 4 years' experience in team/business management;
- Possessing the maturity and capability to manage key stakeholder relations with government, industry and business sectors;
- Entrepreneurial mindset and down-to-earth work approach;
- Commercial mindset, result-oriented and ability to sell the solution;
- Positive attitude and commitment to the business;
- Fluent English and Chinese, able to communicate with global business head;
- Stable experience and focus on long-term development;
- High ethical standards, integrity, transparency to fit in the international environment;
- Experience in consumer goods sector is preferred;
- Previous working experience with Big 4 accounting firms and/or leading consultancies are preferred.
The company provides amazing opportunities for young, bright, and motivated individuals who want to thrive in a dynamic and rewarding international working environment. The compensation will consist of base pay, bonus based on performance + sales commission. The company has ambitious growth plans in this region and the selected candidate would be able to build a good career.