Mechanical Engineering Manager - Manufacturing Engineering
Greenfield Start up
VinFast represents the product of our aspiration to launch a distinctive, world-class automotive brand within Vietnam, and demonstrates the ability of the Vietnamese people to skillfully implement cutting-edge technology. The development of the automotive manufacturing industry will have a profound influence on the rise and growth of a myriad of other industries. Vingroup's aim is to bolster to the industrial development of Vietnam, and spearhead the modernization of the country.
Responsible for leading the entire Mechanical Engineering teams performance of VinFast through direct reports and, by extension, with all other functions.
Establish excellent relationships with all functional leaders and external (3rd party) leaders involved in the Mechanical Engineering definition, development, procurement, commissioning and launch, ensuring business performance goals are achieved.
Manufacturing Engineering is responsible for the achievement of an excellent quality products at a competitive cost, through the capability and optimisation of all equipment and manufacturing processes.
Develop business plans which deliver year-on-year performance efficiencies through a Continuous Improvement culture, as well as establish longer term investment decisions that reduce operational costs by improving plant efficiencies.
Develop and provide leadership for a high-performance team and the growth of local talent.
- Develop and lead by example safe method of work ensuring all manufacturing safety regulatory policies and procedures are implemented and maintained at all times.
- Analyze and design lean manufacturing cells using effective systems and simulation tools to optimize, use of space, equipment, material and personnel.
- Assist in developing plant layout in planning rearrangement of facilities, equipment and operations for better utilization of space.
- Work closely with design, manufacturing, quality assurance and maintenance personnel to prevent problems from occurring.
- Manage technical activities related to sourcing of equipment and facilities from outside vendors.
- Manage technical activities relating to the development of process planning for new model production vehicles, ensuring that all programs meet the three measures of a successful vehicle launch: on time, excellent quality and meeting and/or exceeding program financial targets.
- Manage the development of the specification of equipment and tooling, including control systems, safety requirements and ergonomic considerations. This may include a significant amount of vendor contract.
- Manage installation and commissioning engineers, including detail layouts, data and control system requirements.
- Provide technical expertise to ensure equipment/facility specifications meet objectives.
- Manage coordination of all resources to ensure project timings are achieved.
- Manage finances from preparation of projects, through the approval process to completion of project within set budget
- Assist in the assessment of vendor/subcontractor evaluation for consideration.
- Determine and eliminate root causes and diminish occurrences in the manufacturing process.
- Identify and eliminate high risk activities using risk reduction tools, such as PFMEA, MFMEA, Risk assessments, etc.
- Able to assist in reducing cost through re-engineering product/material.
- Establish people development as a core value to develop future leaders to achieve sustainable and growth.
- Empower and support teams to improve their work environment and eliminate any constraints.
- Apply a significant level of management skill, motivation, judgement and initiative to the performance of tasks assigned.
- Provide technical expertise on Maintenance systems and appropriate manning levels.
- Represent the Assembly Plant in Product Development Teams and/or Process Planning teams.
- Demonstrated successful leadership of direct reports.
- Good common sense business insight and experience with the development and implementation of business strategies.
- Strong ability to grasp and effectively use technical concepts and technical information.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, and active learner with strong interpersonal skills.
- 10+ years' experience in high volume and complex manufacturing, preferably the automotive industry
- Highly desirable to have extensive international experience (residencies)
- Experience in developing and implementing successful Lean Manufacturing Systems and Operational Excellence.
- Knowledge on Industry 4.0 concepts
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering at a minimum
- Preferable to have Bachelors or advanced degrees in either business or engineering
Attractive Package and Benefits