Head of Sales, Asia (Automotive)
Asia Coverage of Sales Team
A Diversified Global Company of Highly Engineered Products
My client is a diversified MNC who manufactures highly engineered products including driveline, transmission and motion. The Company has 2 operating segments - the Transportation segment and the Industrial segment. My client has more than 28,000 employees in 60 manufacturing locations, 8 R&D centers and 25 sales offices in 17 countries. Asia team generated sales of $220 million in 2018.
- Support, Foster, Promote and Demonstrate Company's Core Values and Leadership Behaviors.
- Maintain balance between customer, employee and financial satisfaction by maximizing facility/department Performance Indicators to align to Stepping Stool of Success Strategy.
- Develop, execute and appropriately report progress on business plan activities that reflect the Company's international short and long term goals of identifying new venture opportunities.
- Identify international business opportunities by developing and maintaining a strong relationship of business, professional associations and agencies contact network.
- Develop a strong partnership with the Group President and his direct reports in support of the defined overall Corporate and Group strategic plans and day to day co-ordination in support of estimating submission through project award.
- Define and present new business case opportunities to Senior Executives and Group President for review and approval.
- Demonstrate a strong leadership in the management of client relationships to ensure quality servicing of business contracts.
- Develop strategies for new product applications, utilization of specialized technology and/or product line extensions to new or existing accounts (assembly).
- Manage and develop a sales team, globally focused, ensuring appropriate and adequate support for annual sales and growth targets, and to ensure such are clearly understood and achieved.
- Participate in the development and execution of presentations to all levels of management, Board of Director members, customers, suppliers, etc.
- Develop and manage the annual sales departmental budget.
- Liaise with the Chief Financial Officer and VP of Marketing with the focus of utilizing the resources of his organization to further the expansion goals of the Group.
- In conjunction with the Group President and their direct reports lead the discussion, analysis, formulation, submission, follow up and regular reporting-out on annual Group budgets and business plans as they relate to sales and sales development.
- Act as a catalyst in expanding and fostering non-issues contact between Senior Executives and the Group President at appropriate levels within the customers' organizations.
- Expand and manage appropriately the levels of business entertainment offered and provided to customer's senior management.
- Through the Sales Account Managers promote a strong partnership between plant management and the relevant levels of communication with in the customer base. Act as a catalyst in those cases where a plant may not be self-directed to such.
- Ability to make decisions and resolve difficult situations involving clients, sales managers, etc. Decide on appropriate sales targets based on carrying out of marketing strategies.
Network with industry professionals in order to stay up-to-date on emerging trends. Interact with suppliers to negotiate contracts. Interact with customers who are speakers of other languages, expressing ideas as concisely
Ability to read and understand financial reports and sales records. Read merchandising and promotional guides which provide guidance on promoting products.
Monitor sales over different periods of time according to factors such as types of promotion, staff on duty and impact of specific competitor promotions
Sales leadership at national level at increasing level of responsibility in automotive segment with track records
- Fluent English, global mindset, down to earth, energetic, with the passion to win
International platform and attractive salary package