GM in Zhengzhou - Exhibition Venue Head
Full 120 million p/l management responsibility in the past-growing environment
Dominating industry leader in business service sector with government support
Our client is one of the largest and most successful event & expo corporates in the world, with various exhibition sites, agencies and event organizers engagement assignments across China. They have been in China successfully operating for over a decade, cooperating and holding 20mil + size of exhibitions across industry of electronics, textile, tourism, aerospace and automotive and real estate. They are now looking for 2 Deputy General Managers to join and lead their 180+ team in Zhengzhou, cooperating with each other, to be the new leadership for this exhibition centre. This role will be based in Zhengzhou long term, with regional travelling opportunity. Client offers reasonable facilitation for relocation.
As the Deputy GM, you will be working in a vibrantly growing environment in Zhengzhou.
You will be physically working in the exhibition site/building, managing end to end process and lead the team of 170+ staff. This position offers a long-term career of making the expo site your own entrepreneurial endeavour: You will have commercial full responsibility for the expo site, to manage, engage and to explore the exhibitions participants, one example of commercial creativity would be to bring in new industry exhibitions: e.g. Zhengzhou has a large aerospace science park, with substantial future need for exhibition on transportation sector. The growth potential for other uprising industry to hold exhibitions is unlimited,
The margin for the business is relevantly high. However, the challenges will be both on commercial delivery, as well as people management. This is a JV environment, therefore not only multiple stakeholders are involved for strategy and execution decision, but also as DGM, you need to influence the local government and relevant institutional bodies commercially and regularly.
Apart from the Commercial and Operational responsibilities, as the DGM not just for the site, but also for the JV corporate, DGM candidate needs to takes up the branding vocal for this exhibition company. Online digital footprint e.g. website and social media engagement on potential collaboration of enterprises and government, as well as co-branding with local real-estate/high-value business services partners etc.
* The candidate will need a solid track record in Exhibition &; Events industry.
* The ideal candidate does not merely need this job, but wants to develop a progressive career and life here in Exhibition industry.
* We are looking for 2 types of candidates, as we have 2 vacancies here
* The 1st candidate is more on Commercial side, with sales &; marketing, mainly sales commercial leadership track.
* He or She needs to have at least 15 years of Exhibition industry sector, not limited to the specific industry-related Exhibition.
* They need to understand the "show business", how to get it up running normally with class, how to deal with the challenges e.g. with local government, with internal staff slightly slow-growth mindset and external growing competition in Zhengzhou and other central China cities.
* This person needs to motivate the sales team, driving them to find the growth point and face & fix the current problem on sales delivery.
* This person will also need to clear on numbers, including budget, cost, bottom line and the potential risk for event credit &; debts.
* The 2nd candidate is more on industrially operation side within the Expo Site. They need to come from either real estate or infrastructure industry background, personally proficiently familiar with facility management on the site, with strategy planned ahead for crisis prevention and due diligence practice in place on time, rather than repeating after-crisis technician.
* Both roles needs conversationally fluent English.
* Both roles ideally are Chinese or Chinese origin, who can communicate well with the local partners & government & stakeholders.
This interesting position is generously offering the following:
- Ownership of the JV commercial and operational management as the decision maker
- Creative opportunity to remain domination and to exceed the previous successful track record of this exhibition centre.
- Senior leadership on commercial commitment and people management
- A balanced lifestyle in Zhengzhou, Central China, where anyone in China is within 4 hours flight away!