GM- Sourcing office
Fast increasing business
About Our Client
My client is a European Retail organisation. They have a diverse product range looking at everything from Electronics to DIY as well as other speciality stores.
As the GM; Sourcing, you will have complete responsibility for all the different product lines within the company. Looking after three separate business units, you will be managing a team of over 40 sourcing and merchandising professionals, creating the strategy and ensuring that the team are working in the right way. With full autonomy to set your own strategy, you will be identifying the improvements that need to be made and pulling the team together. Other responsibilities include:
* ensuring that the products sourced are in line with the requirements of the business, looking proactively at the product specifications and making sure that the chosen suppliers are able to deliver to the spec.
* looking at where the supplier base can be rationalised and what leveraging can be done on increased spend volume.
* ensuring the quality of the product and having regular updates with the head office in Europe to make sure that the requirements of the business have been met in terms of quality.
* keep very close to the business and have a robust order fulfilment strategy in place; look at where improvements can be made in terms of stock management.
* choice the correct logistics suppliers to make sure the product is delivered in a timely manner and that the store are getting what they need.
Above all, you will be the connection between the European Head office senior leadership team and will be ensuring that all of the different stakeholders are getting what they need and that the costs are at the right level.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be at a senior level with experience of reporting into Europe. You will gave worked in the Retail sector and ideally have looked at categories such as Electronics and Hardlines and have worked in a business with significant spend. You will have managed large teams of people and have dealt with all areas of Merchandising from Sourcing right the way through to the overall order fulfilment. Other attributes include:
* clear track record of supplier rationalisation as well as being able to deal with detailed product specifications from a demanding set of stakeholders.
* ability to set the overall strategy in line with the business requirements and have excellent interpersonal skills to communicate this to all members of the team.
* ideally have experience of dealing with multiple business units and understand what the differences are between the different types of retail business.
You will be a senior Sourcing expert but more importantly a commercial candidate who can tie all elements of a business together
What's on Offer
A senior level position with exposure to the cutting edge of the business as well as the autonomy to decide the direction of the company in Asia.