International working environment
Fast growing brand
Our client is a leading AR toy company, which provides educational play experiences for over 600,000 children across 35 countries. Their products offer unique tactile play experiences for children aged between 4 and 11 years old, and help build their foundational skills such as analytical thinking, logical reasoning, music intelligence, etc.
- Interface with product design teams to understand product functionality and technical requirements
- Research external market information and companies to identify potential sources and suppliers
- Drive supplier selection through robust qualification processes
- Assess new and existing supplier capabilities to meet product, cost, quality, capacity and fulfillment criteria while ensuring that suppliers are able to meet the external audit (Manufacturing, ethical, environmental) requirements
- Finalize suppliers, design and own project plan (right from the mold production to shipping first batch) for new products
- Troubleshoot all vendor problems and present to management as required
- Specify and develop product acceptance/test procedures
- Work with the supplier and the manufacturing team for ownership transfer after successful dispatch of the first batch
- Prepare processes transition of vendor management responsibilities to the operations team
- Drive improvements utilizing Lean methodologies, supplier scorecards and own supplier audit, ensuring supplier compliance, whilst driving systematic problem solving and process improvement plans to deliver value
- Minimum 5 years of experience of working with/in manufacturing set up.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes (mold making, injection, screen printing, paint job etc.)
- Previous experience of working on Toys/Consumer Electronics product development would be an asset.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, communication, conflict resolution and stakeholder relationship management skills to engage others, build consensus and resolve issues
- Able to manage a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Multi-lingual (Mandarin and English proficiency is a must)
- Competitive salary package
- Leadership position in China