Fast Developing Business
Good Company Culture
Our client is a fast growing European brand company providing A-class audio product. The company has been set up over 40 years, with a passionate team creating double-digit business growth organically for the past few years. Now they are looking for a top-talent in engineering field with strong management experience that bring their products to mass production, achieving the balance of cost, quality and time-efficiency.
- Plan and execute the new product developments, fulfilling the requirements of quality, cost, and launch date. Create detailed development plans for every project and do respective resource allocation.Take care of the development budget and wise spending on Tooling, NRE and related development costs.
- Identify consumer electronics suppliers with good fit to the various products that need to be delivered. Have a clear eye on their strengths and weaknesses, and find effective ways to compensate their shortcomings, i.e. by coaching them, bringing in capable 3rd parties, optimize the overall supply chain etc.
- Play a significant role in the contractual aspects of getting the supplier committed. Make sure that the quotes a correct, the team setup fits our needs, and all open questions are resolved. Ensure that the Product Concept is well understood by the chosen partner and ensure that the product is developed accordingly. Check and optimize production related activities of supplier including the sub-suppliers.
- Keep tight communication with the teams in Headquarter (Berlin), particularly pre-development, Supply Chain, Marketing. Maintain communication with our supplier base and 3rd party houses.
- Expand our partner network and make sure that we have a competitive supplier base.
- Our product development is structured by regular gates, where a set of deliverables need to be achieved. Work with the team to meet these requirements and have proper mitigation plans in place in case difficulties arise.
- Maintain good and optimistic team spirit, even in difficult situations. Have a high frustration tolerance and never lose your positive mindset in resolving challenges.
- Be on top of regulatory things. Ensure that products comply with all regulatory standards and is properly documented. Be aware of any upcoming changes and apply them to our product line-up. Address more and more international markets and their requirements.
- Review the project status. Communicate the status on scope, schedule, and budget to all stakeholders. Initiate and drive projects with a creative approach based on experience to ensure solutions are manufacturable.
- Guide inevitable changes and trade-offs necessary to stay within constraints while ensuring a product that meets specification. Manage trade-offs and conflicts as they arise with our pre-development team and the suppliers.
- Ensure that the Quality Assurance Team is involved on time to achieve a fully reliable and specific product testing delivering a flawless product ready for mass production.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams and manufacturing partner to develop manufacturing processes, process flows, capacity model, equipment/ fixture designs, quality control plans, establish implementation schedules, materials management, and validation plans prior to any Engineering build.
- Stay on top of technology trends and developments.
- Accountable for successful development and timely initial mass production start which includes articulating the priority of activities.
- Proven track record in leading cross-functional teams to deliver projects with multiple dependencies and constraints
- Deep knowledge of engineering and manufacturing of consumer electronics
- Experienced in defining projects, identifying risks, managing cost, coordinating scope, identifying dependencies, scheduling, and deploying new products and features
- Experienced in working with joint development suppliers and contract manufacturers and familiar with the local supplier landscape
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills to earn trust and influence partners and teams
- Open to and excited about new technologies and challenges
- Genuine interest in people and empathetic approach to social situations
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Master degree in Electronic Engineering or similar technical field
- Excellent English communication.
Open and Inclusive Culture
Competitive Salary plus Bonus Scheme
Multiple Training in Headquarters