Editorial Team Lead/Specialist
Join an academically and Tech driven organization
Launch the exciting China business
As one of the largest and top-cited open access publishers in the world, Frontiers covers more than 600 academic disciplines. With the mission to make science open, they strive for innovations and pioneered digital and artificial intelligence solutions in the publishing process. With global headquarters in Switzerland and the U.K, they launched their China office in July. They are looking for talents who have the passion for science and who believe that research is the foundation to generate more knowledge and accelerate innovation, health and prosperity for all. For more information, please refer to www.frontiersin.org
1. Oversee the strategic direction of Special Issue postings within the journals in their portfolio to reach agreed targets.
2. Work closely with the research community in China to ensure Special Issue postings that fit the journal portfolios as well as the research strengths of the local market.
3. Manage a team of specilist and be responsible for their training and development.
4. Monitor team performance and conversion and coach the team as necessary to improve both.
5. Report to line manager on results and challenges, actively propose solutions.
6. Establish a close collaboration with the other editorial teams to keep them informed of Special Issue initiatives and seek their input and feedback as needed.
7. Represent Frontiers at events, traveling to meetings with high-level researchers in order to engage them as Guest Edito
1. Minimum 5-year work experiences, preferably in STM publishing with a proven track record of content acquisition;
2. Experiences in working with the research community in China with extensive networks preferred;
3. Master degree in related subjects and PHD (or MD) preferred and the targeted issues are Neurescience, Physical Science and Engeneering, Life Science and Health Science.
4. Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English;
5. People management skills, previous experience managing a target-driven team preferred;
6. An outgoing, collaborative and professional personality;
7. A willingness to work in a fast-paced, target-driven environment;
8. Detail and quality oriented, strong organizational and prioritization skills;
9. Candidates with less experience (minimum one year) will be considered as specialists.
1. You will have the opportunity to work in a stimulating, fast-paced work environment with a very innovative scientific publisher.
2. You will work closely with colleagues across departments in a global context and thought leaders in different academic fields.
3. You will witness the growth of a new business with high possibilities to progress