Database Support Engineer
Britisch bilingual school focus on globle education
Campuses with state-of-the-art facilities and the latest technology
One of a family of 56 premium international schools, based in 27 countries around the world. The school offers personalised, inspiring learning to more than 50,000 students between 2 and 18 years old
1. User management for VLE and Database systems
2. Support and train both teaching and non-teaching staff as required
3. Design and enhance the assessment data collection system
4. Develop reports and understand desired outcomes as requested including for communication to parents
5. Perform required user updates and end of year admin duties in preparation for the new academic year
6. Review system usage and suggest possible improvements to systems in school
7. Support the Moodle upgrade cycle, including acting on security notifications issued by the Moodle lead developer
8. Identify database issues and provide timely solutions
9. Data collection and analysis using various types of application software e.g. Excel/Access.
10. Assist in the formulation and communication of standards, procedures, and conventions for database use
11. Determine file organization, indexing methods and security procedures for specific user applications.
12. Provide database support for priority projects and initiatives
13. Monitoring and maintaining software performance
14. Consulting clients and colleagues concering the software system
1. Specialized experience which demonstrates knowledge of Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX OS, UNIX shell scripting, and Windows OS.
2. Experience managing Moodle (or other LMS) systems
3. Experience using (as administrator, teacher, learner) Learning Management Systems (esp. Moodle)
4. NET programming experience
5. Experience must demonstrate skills with MySQL and using PHP software to access databases.
6. Experience must demonstrate knowledge in creating and modifying HTML
7. Experience with the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySql, PHP) environment (3-4 years)
9. Experience of working in an IT support environment. ITIL qualified would be an advantage. Previous experience of working in an educational environment would be beneficial
10.Bachelor's degree in a computer science related field and one year of related experience or equivalent related education and experience.
11. SQL Experience is a must
12. System configuration, XML coding and SQL scripting
13. CET 6 or above
Excellent benefit package offered
Room for groth