Customer Compliance Specialist/Top Brand
Opportunity to accelerate your career plan growth by being part of the company
Global exposure with overseas training opportunity
Throughout the company's 93 year history, Masonite has maintained its focus on leading-edge innovation, manufacturing excellence and superior customer service. Masonite is committed to delivering product and service innovations that will enhance beauty, functionality and architectural design to its customers around the world. Builders, remodelers, architects and homeowners rely on Masonite products to create homes of distinction.
- Responsible for monitoring activities and compliance for shipments being exported from Asia to a Masonite facility, or to Masonite's customers, in the United States, Canada, South America, European Union, or other geographic locations.
- Initial point of contact for customs compliance issues impacting Masonite's international shipments from Asia.
- Assist with the draft, review, training, and implementation of international trade compliance regulations, policies, procedures, and audit programs, in alignment with the Masonite Customs Compliance corporate program.
- Coordinate with the Masonite Customs Compliance (MCC) team to ensure the accurate assignment of Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) numbers for all products and materials being exported.
- Work with Masonite's Asian suppliers to ensure timely and accurate presentation of all required international documentation and data.
- Coordinate and communicate with company personnel and customs brokers to avoid delays due to compliance exceptions.
- Respond to inquiries from the MCC team, and customs brokers, regarding missing or questionable data or documents provided by Masonite's suppliers.
- Audit documentation to ensure the accuracy / completeness of information submitted to U.S. and other customs agencies.
- Ensure timely follow-up with foreign suppliers to address all entry audit issues identified are properly resolved.
- Review customs and trade notices and publications in order to identify and communicate any impending risks such as Antidumping/Countervailing cases, new import requirements, changes in HTS numbers or duty rates.
- Conduct periodic on-site customs / export training as needed.
- Support Masonite's involvement with supply-chain security and "Trusted Trader" programs, in the U.S. and abroad.
- Ensure the Masonite Director of Global Trade and Customs Compliance is kept closely advised of any possible compliance or clearance related issues.
- Provide guidance on subjects such as country of origin, Marking, invoice requirements, free trade agreements, Incoterms, and other customs related subjects.
- 3-5 years' experience in an international regulatory and trade environment.
- BS / BA degree, or College Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Comfortable in dealing with Customs officials and other government agency personnel.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage several projects simultaneously and prioritize accordingly.
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written communications skills.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin.
- Knowledge of Antidumping/Countervailing programs and investigations.
- Solid understanding of all modes of transportation.
- Proficiency in various MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Knowledge of manufacturing enterprise systems helpful.
- Customer focused and team oriented.
- Demonstrated initiative to address issues and exceptions to ensure prompt resolution.
- Opportunity to accelerate your career plan growth by being part of the entrepreneurial and innovative team.
- Global leading company with offering environmental-friendly door to customer.
- Working with dynamic and progressive organization.
- Offering above market-average compensation and benefits.