China Sales Manager/General Manager
Reporting to Global Sales Director (Based in the UK)
Premier brand globally with high potentiall in China market
Currently celebrating 70 years of facilitating scientific innovation, my client is a leading global supplier of metals, alloys, ceramics, glasses, polymers, compounds, composites and other materials to meet the research, development and specialist production requirements of science and industry. The company has an extensive range of 70,000 catalogue products in multiple forms available off the shelf, most subject to free delivery within 48 hours and with no minimum order quantities.
With over 6000 customers supported by a worldwide network of offices, agents and distributors my client also offers a comprehensive range of bespoke processing services, effectively operating as an extension of the production team in order to develop custom fabricated components in any quantity required. Their in-house team is comprised of fellow scientists and engineers with extensive knowledge of materials and processing - through their technical expertise and a supporting range of specification tools the company has built an unrivalled reputation for helping to find solutions to even the most challenging of research problems.
- Ensuring a total quality service to customers by effectively leading the office and ensuring that staff follow best practice and deliver to the highest standards.
- Managing, directing and planning with all sales channels, both direct and indirect.
- With assistance from Head Office, manage the building, implementing, and overseeing all the company's systems (both physical and electronic), processes, workflows, and procedures with a particular focus on overall revenue growth.
- Working in synergy with UK management to identify new growth opportunities and ways in which to improve our brand reputation and presence in China.
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing and agreeing an annual budget with the Group CEO and Head of Finance, scheduling expenditure, analyzing variances, initiating corrective actions, and producing a detailed annual business operating plan.
- Provide detail commentary and analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual operating and financial performance including P&L reports for revenue and cash.
- Looking at product offering, key brands, and potential new customers in territory to build a country business plan helping the company achieve long-term, steady, sustainable growth.
- Recruiting and managing staff, including target and objective setting, performance monitoring, mentoring and training.
- A demonstrable understanding of the Chinese market for metals and alloys, ceramics, polymers, composites and glasses, OR experience within laboratory supply industries; priority will be given to those candidates with relationships and networks in Chinese academia and state Key Labs.
- Commercially astute with a proven track record for business development in China and sales team management, ambitious and hungry for success.
- Preferable Master's degree or above with Materials Science or Chemical related education background.
- Complete fluency in written and spoken Mandarin and a good level of written and spoken English
The company offers a role with national coverage which enables candidate to utilize his/her talents in the field. While at the same time, attractive package is provided for the best person to fit in. You will enjoy joining a fast growing and developing team.