Business Development MD
Great career opportunity to join an international tradeshow business.
Commercial MD role with regional business responsibilities
EUROVET is the world leading trade show organizer for the intimates, swimwear and activewear industry value chain. We have built our reputation by creating events in all the world's strategic locations for the industry and host every year 14 international events in Paris, New York, Las Vegas, Shanghai or Hong Kong.
In total, every year we welcome across the globe:
- 800 exhibiting brands, 400 fabrics, accessories and OEM suppliers
- 40,000 buyers from 180 countries.
Our shows are THE place where trends are released, collections disclosed and innovations released.
We also an online platform, The Lingerie Place, dedicated to professionals from the intimates, swimwear and activewear industry. It keeps brands, manufacturers, fabric specialists, designers and retailers connected, anytime, anywhere.
- Define the strategic positioning and the vision of our events (and events-to-be) in liaison with the general manager based in Paris
- Analyse the Company's core business markets in Hong Kong, the People's Republic and globally/Asia, including without limitation, markets/industries and competitors' shows conferences, related to our events;
- Open new doors to expand our business and develop business plans for the Company based on opportunities in the market, new ideas and formats;
- Drive the relevant teams and agents in charge of: sales strategy and actions, visitor promotion, operations, onsite events, conference program and rundown, etc.;
- Develop relevant partnerships with associations, brands and other key players in our industry to expand our local and regional network;
- Set and monitor the staff and event budgets;
- Manage the team in Hong Kong and Asia and recruit new members, if required by senior management of the group;
- Be an inspiring team leader!
- Report to senior management in Paris and especially on economic situation and other relevant information for development of the shows in Paris where Asian clients are concerned;
To handle a number of great projects, to work with passionate people and to explore a fascinating and ultra-creative industry!
More than 10 years and experience in tradeshow is a MUST
Capable of managing teams in Greater China region and have the stability in staying in this role for good period of time
A true developer as well as a hands-on doer
Entrepreneur profile, strategic analysis capacity, vision, leadership,
Bi cultural profile with fluent Chinese and English, French language is a plus
Great career opportunity and regional business exposure.