BD Manager, Packaging Design Consultancy
Global expert in innovation and packaging design
Unique opportunity to join an international team and conquer new market
Our client is blackandgold, an independent International network headquartered in Paris focusing on innovation and packaging design. The company has 25 years of experience developing brands that are leaders in their own market. Currently there are 5 offices spread across Shanghai, Paris, New York, Dubai, and Geneva with more than 80 experts worldwide. They have developed consumer-centric knowledge, tools and methods to provide tailor-made strategic and creative solutions to their Clients.
This role is opened in Shanghai branch of blackandgold, a boutique French network focusing on consulting services in innovation and packaging design. As one of the rising providers of marketing and creative solutions, blackandgold is looking to further expand its footprint in China and Asia and hire a New Business Developer. The job will require solid experience in developing the business in branding and packaging design within Health & Wellness related industries.
As a New Business Developer you would be expected to make continuous efforts in identifying and generating new leads and attracting new clients while supporting the Company's goals and values.
More specific responsibilities of Business Development specialist will include:
- Define the yearly New Business Development plan, with clear targets in terms of Client's profile and billing, in synergy with the team.
- Be curious about targeted sectors news, dynamics and evolution, and regularly exchange point of view with Managing Partner.
- Understand our business (packaging and innovation) to be able to talk about it, and be able to identify prospect's specific needs.
- Evaluate prospect's profile in collaboration with Managing Partner (would it be a good Client for the Agency in terms of time/cost/profitability? What is the growth potential of this prospect?
- Prepare credentials, Request for Information, and other related documentations, in collaboration with Admin and Managing Partner.
- Participate to brief, preparation and presentation of pitches, in partnership with strategic planning and creative teams.
- Negotiate contracts with Clients (especially: budget, payment terms) to the best interest of the Agency (in terms of profitability and cash flow).
- Manage the Agency's actions of communication: participate to relay the content prepared by the planning team on social media platforms (LinkedIn, WeChat, Weibo), help to update the content of SH Agency in the assist of a CSM system.
Fill regular reports accurately and in time (weekly status report, weekly time-sheets, financial forecasts).
Successful candidate profile should include:
- 7-10 year experience in branding and packaging
- Familiar with clients within the Pharmaceutical + health and wellness related industries (including healthy food and personal care)
- Solid experience in Business Development and New Client Acquisition.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present, and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organisation, including executive and C-level;
- Commercial mind set and ability to prioritise;
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills;
- Mature mindset, patient and motivation for the long run;
- Solid education background as well as fluency in both Mandarin and English is required;
The company provides amazing opportunities for active and motivated individuals who want to thrive in a dynamic and rewarding international working environment. The compensation will consist of base pay, bonus and other company benefits. The company has ambitious growth plans in this region and the selected candidate would be able to build a good career.