BD Director - Talent Assessment Services
International talent assessment consultancy
Exciting opportunity to drive the expansion into the China market
Our client is Cubiks, a private UK headquartered company focusing on talent assessment and development. Cubiks applies scientific insight to design and deliver outstanding talent assessment methods, tools and solutions. They have over 20 years experience and are a trusted partner to more than 1,000 clients operating in over 50 countries, with a reputation for excellence and a long list of awards to prove it. With offices throughout Europe and in China, the US, UAE and Malaysia, Cubiks delivers global talent management solutions that are designed to work across international borders, with cultural sensitivity and a range of languages available as standard. After joining their forces with GraduACE (one of China and Hong Kong's key assessment providers for graduates), Cubiks is now delivering over 2 million selection and development assessments every year.
This role is opened in the Shanghai branch of Cubiks, and our client is looking to hire a new Business Development Director to further expand their footprint in the booming China market and. The job will require solid experience in developing the business with customers in the HR industry, an entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to grow the team.
As a New Business Development Director you would be expected to make continuous efforts in covering new sales leads and attracting new clients while supporting the Company's goals and values and aiming to establish an excellent working relationship with assigned customers.
More specific responsibilities of Business Development specialist will include:
- Develop the sales & marketing plan in close co-operation with the Cubiks Director for Greater China. Execute the plan in order to meet sales performance targets;
- Initiate marketing activities to generate leads and build the profile of Cubiks in China;
- Make introductions to new clients and meet with existing (international) customers to: create opportunities, analyse the client's needs, pitch, negotiate and close commercial agreements;
- Manage the pipeline, driving prospects through the stages of the sales cycle;
- Grow and lead the sales team in accordance with the business plan;
Some of the key requirements:
- Proven track record in business development
- HR network in the Chinese market
- Experience with managing and growing existing accounts;
- Fluency in Putonghua and English;
Successful candidate profile should include the following specifications:
- Enjoys being part of a start-up environment in the context of an established existing group of companies
- Highly motivated, target driven, persistent and resilient
- Enjoys making introductions, understanding the client's needs, pitching and negotiating
- Is structured and conscientious, keeps overview
- Enjoys working as part of an (international) team but can also work independently
- Demonstrates strong people skills
- Has the capability to build and lead a team
The company provides amazing opportunities for active and motivated individuals who want to thrive in a dynamic and rewarding international working environment with a high level of autonomy. The compensation will consist of base pay, bonus and other company benefits. The company has ambitious growth plans in this region and the selected candidate would be able to build a good career.