Technical Lead - Global online tourism platfrom
An international leading tourism platform, could search flights, hotels and packages on the platform. Listed on Nasdaq, the market value is about $8 billion.
- Design and implement highly scalable, robust and reliable server applications
- Translate functional specifications into logical, component-based technical designs. Provide high level estimates and assist in user story break down. Perform code reviews to assess overall code quality and flexibility, and the application of good object-orientated programming techniques.
- Work on all stages of a product from conception to completion. This includes interact with Program Managers in contributing and reviewing functional specifications as well as completing unit tests and assisting with functional/integration/stress tests and deployments.
- Resolve defects in your own code and other's code
- Understand the business and how the products interact with other teams, and contributes this expertise to others.
- Coordinate project level work between onshore and offshore teams. Provide estimates and manage schedules and status for projects.
- Investigate new technology, and raise the bar in terms of best coding practices and design for the rest of the team, advancing the team's design methodology and quality programming practices. Evangelise these techniques across teams.
- Serve as a technical leader within the organisation.
- experienced in developing large scale back-end web services.
- Hands on experience working in Java and related open source technologies and frameworks such as Spring.
- Knowledgeable about agile/scrum methodology.
- Proficient with algorithms and data structures, design patterns, multi-threading, concurrency, caching and distributed systems.
- Good knowledge of REST/JSON API design and development.
- Experience with AWS technologies is a plus.
- Strong analytic skills and ability to troubleshoot complex issues.
- Strong written and oral English communication skills required.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related field.
international working environment,