Sr. Manufacturing Engineer - Global Automotive Tier 1
*Support the new product development process through PFMEA, DFM, and CAPP
*Maintain the current systems and equipment through analysis & troubleshooting
Our client is a global company with the capability to provide locally manufactured components for major automotive OEM & Tiers.
- Work with design engineers and production to quote, specify, order, debug, receive, install, and runoff new production equipment. This includes, but is not limited to, assembly stations, work cells, test stations, material handling equipment, and packaging for new products/new processes.
- Support the new product development process through PFMEA, DFM, and CAPP activities to ensure safety, quality, delivery, and cost targets are met. Document procedures, processes, and best practices to support the new equipment.
- Maintain the current systems and equipment through analysis, troubleshooting and improvement. Perform the work needed to maximize production and efficiency. Implement/modify manufacturing processes to fulfil business needs.
- Work with production employees to continually improve production operations, system maintenance and design concepts through coaching, equipment design/modification/selection, training, and participation in PPI activities.
- Work with advanced engineering and equipment suppliers to determine designs and configurations for new equipment and upgrades in conformance with company specifications and quality standards. Preparation of financial analysis for capital expenditures for tooling and equipment needed in support of existing product lines or processes.
- Demonstrate your technical expertise in project management including, but not limited to; scheduling, tracking, team assignments, allocation of resources, status reports, facilitate effective problem solving.
- College Degree in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering required.
- Minimum 5 year's experience working in an organisation that has successfully used one or more continuous improvement methodologies (lean manufacturing, six sigma, etc.).
- Proficiency in philosophy and techniques of several of the following: cellular manufacturing, self - directed work teams, problem solving, 5S, pull systems, mistake proofing, SMED, Kaizen, change management, ergonomics, TQM, learning organizations.
- Proficiency of electrical and mechanical machining equipment, is able to read blueprints, wiring diagrams, and schematics, and is capable of setting up and monitoring preventive maintenance systems. Also capable of troubleshooting and performing minor repairs to equipment.
- Related experience in manufacturing hydraulics equipment maintenance is preferred.
- Related experience with process development and CNC programs of Horizontal Machining Centers in machining field required.
- Knowledge of cutting tools, fixture design required.
- Effective problem solving, judgment, and independent thinking skills for troubleshooting, repair, and recognition of acceptable or unacceptable product quality.