You are here
Scientist - Video Analytics
- Fortune 500 listed company
- Competitive salary package
The client is global fortune 500 listed company with more than 100 years of history. Their first plant was established in the USA and now they have more than 100 plants and 50 branch offices in the globe. In China, their business is rapidly developing and plan to build another plant in Shanghai.
* Develop and implement novel signal processing and video analytics algorithms applied to security, HVAC or building related application, perform simulation analysis, performance characterization and experiments design and verification, interact with other engineering teams to ensure system-wide compatibility.
* Communicate with global teams to develop requirements and product specifications; Working closely with a global cross-disciplinary team of technologists to the conception and prototyping of new technology/products related to existing and emerging UTC applications.
* Collaborate with a diverse team both at the Research Center and different business units. Create new technical and project opportunities through technology leveraging, strategic partnering, and acquisition of external contracts
* Lead and participate in multidisciplinary projects, ensuring high quality deliverables and seamless integration with the Research team in the U.S.A., and University partners in China.
* Provide timely, accurate and detailed reports and presentations.
* Required: M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field and a minimum of 5 years of industrial or academic experience (post M.S.).
* Preferred: Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field and a minimum of 2 years of industrial or academic experience (post Ph.D.).
* Expert knowledge in at least three of the following fields: object detection and tracking, object recognition, activity and event recognition, multimedia database and content-based indexing and retrieval, machine learning, and pattern recognition (classification).
* Strong background in mathematics.
* Strong record of technical contributions with publications in refereed technical journals and major conferences in computer vision.
* Outstanding programming skills using Matlab, C/C++ or Java.
* Excellent communication and leadership skills; innovative strategic and technical thinker; high energy; team player.
* Demonstrated commitment to deliver results, adaptability and the ability to work in a teaming environment.
* Ability to execute technology research plans to successfully achieve desired technical outcomes within time and budget constraints.
* Fluent English (both written and spoken) and excellent communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a multi-disciplinary group environment
* Solid technical writing, presentation, project management and communication skills.
* Fortune 500 listed company
* Competitive salary package
* Global travel and training opportunity
* Internal transfer and promotion opportunity
* Convenient transportation