You are here
Project Director - Global Leading Water Treatment Company
Global Leader in Water Treatment Industry
International Transfer to the US and Europe
The client is global leader in water treatment industry with more than 100 years of technology and total solution development. Currently they owns 20 plants and 50 branch offices in the globe with total annual sales revenue of more than 20 billion USD. Their business in China is rapidly developing.
* Full P&L project ownership and responsibilities for delivering portfolio of assigned projects on time, within budget. Deliver all projects at (or better than) as-sold GM.
* Ensure (as-sold) positive cash flow (including timely invoicing and collections) on all projects in assigned portfolio of projects throughout the project's life cycle.
* Monitor, control and report project actuals budgets vs. the project budget & direct cost control activity with the assigned project managers and project controllers
* Coordinate, support and supervise project team's work with Clients, external agencies, Design Institutes, and internal teams including engineering, and finance.
* Lead by example: Take on Project Management role as required, primarily on high risk and strategically critical projects.
* Act as backup (as required) for Project delivery team members.
* Act as backup for Head of Operations for certain tasks, as required.
* Review and implement risk assessments, method statements etc. for all assigned projects.
* Control variations, changes and extra costs.
* Be involved in pre-contract contract review, estimation, and bid support.
* Ensure that all procedures are followed consistently for each project in a timely and effective manner.
* Ensure that contract deliverables, invoices, and other relevant paperwork are issued in accordance with contract terms and conditions.
* Ensure that the project managers maintain efficient communication with Client for progress of project and release of payments; identify and address potential issues before even they start.
* Take full accountability for planning, directing, organizing and coordinating project assignments.
* Provide timely and continuously updated information about project progress to senior management including the Head of Operations, VP - Finance and CEO.
* University degree in Science/Engineering (Civil, Chemical, Mechanical or Environmental Engineering preferred)
* At least 10 years' experience in a similar leadership role in water/wastewater industry
* Excellent command over written and spoken English
* Strong skills in MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel and Project controlling/ monitoring systems and software (preferably MS Project)
* International Project Management experience; China, Asia experience strongly preferred
* Willingness to travel both domestic and internationally as needed (expected 20-30%)
* Cross-functional team leadership experience; Ability to motivate a team of direct and non-direct reports to follow a strategy and vision and execute consistently on goals and budgets will be a key success factor in this role
* Global Leader in Water Treatment Industry
* International Transfer to the US and Europe
* Competitive Salary Package
* Convenient Transportation