You are here
Beijing Branch Compliance Head - Top-tier Life Insurance
- Excellent company platform
- Good company culture and environment
Our client is a global top-tier life insurance company that have a long and strong establishment in China.
- Executes and monitors Compliance Programs in branch ensuring its alignment with Business objectives and Compliance's strategic directions.
- Communicates and executes the company's compliance policies within the branch, including but not limited to AML/Anti-Fraud/market conduct/ Anti-corruption/Data Privacy/record retention and other regulatory subjects, increase compliance awareness and promote adherence to compliance policies.
- Communicates regulatory requirement in the branch and follows up on the implementation; Leads or participates in CIRC or PBOC projects to fulfill local regulatory requirements.
- Identifies potential compliance risks and provides compliance suggestions.
- Reports and communicates on compliance matters including timely and accurate reporting and/or escalation of such matters in accordance with relevant reporting and escalation protocols.
- Provides timely compliance consulting input or comments to branch management, channels and relevant department to facilitate the business decisions and mitigate the risk.
- Liaises with relevant local regulators or external bodies on compliance related matters.
- Conducts compliance review or sample testing to mitigate the risk and follow up on the remedial actions.
- Coordinate and perform regulatory mandatory projects to fulfill regulatory requirement.
- Fully utilize current monitoring tool, such as PM & EWS, and take advantage of big data for risk analysis, detection and mitigation.
- Develops and implements compliance & risk awareness program to enhance branch ethical culture.
- Present compliance & risk reports at branch MC meeting.
- Oversee C-ROSS pillar II branch level work.
- Oversee branch operational & reputational risk management.
- Coordinate risk related regulatory assignments, such as risk and control self-check;
- Communicate key non compliance-related risk issues with ERM
- Leads and coaches compliance team members to be competent on compliance position and to support the business effectively.
- No. of penalties from industry regulators attributed to lack of alert to business partners and prevention actions.
- Feedback/recognition/rating from local regulators.
- Business units' feedback on effectiveness of compliance support and advice.
- Feedback from compliance on the quality of reporting, the implementation of relevant tasks, the contribution to project.
- Feedback from ERM on quality of branch risk management.
*Bachelor's degree holder or above, with 8 years work experience, among which 5 years solid work experience on relevant functions including legal, compliance, audit, accounting in the financial industry.
*Certified Lawyer, Auditor, Accountant, or Internal Control preferred.
*In-depth understanding of the Insurance business preferred and, in lieu of insurance, financial services.
*Good command of English and Chinese, both written and oral.
*Good interpersonal skills.
*Be organized, detail-oriented and analytical.
*Independent and able to work under pressure.
*With high level of integrity and takes ownership and accountability of results.