Associate Director, Direct Investments
Job is based in Doha, Qatar
- Direct Investments, Private Equity
Financial Services client in the Middle East with offices
- Act as lead person in the execution of investment/divestment activities;
- Prepare and document complete analysis of new investment opportunities;
- Produce recommendation papers and all other support document for approval processes;
- Supervise the preparation of all required documentation and coordinate, in collaboration with General Counsel, legal and financial closing.
- Develop sector review and identify market opportunities by region in given sectors;
- Identify prospective investment targets;
- Develop network of business partners globally;
- Generate and screen deal flow.
- Participate actively in monitoring developments of portfolio companies ("Investees") and their respective industry;
- Support strategically the implementation of investee's development plan by management;
- Elaborate value creation initiatives with Investees and document such proposals (performance enhancement/exit strategies, etc.);
- Collect, analyze, and benchmark Investee's performance and elaborate improvement strategies as applicable;
- Contribute in the production of periodic monitoring reports;
- Develop/maintain/enhance relationships with all stakeholders of Investee Company.
- Oversee searches for Board Representatives and support their initial integration;
- Assess and report on quality and governance of board representatives.
- Contribute towards formulation of the strategy, annual business plans, budgets, policies and procedures.
- 10- 12 years working with an Investment Management or Private Equity (not investment Banking or SWF) business looking at Direct Investments in the European or Chinese markets
- Strong understanding of principal investing
- Ability to lead an investment process from origination
- Ability to live and work in Doha, Qatar
Competitive tax free compensation