Application Engineering Manager - Thermal Control
Oversee Engineering team
Lead VA/VE activities and drive implementation of improvement ideas
Global automotive manufacturers, which a wide range of products include automotive Thermal control, HVAC module and fluid systems.
- Oversee Engineering team through design initiation, evolution, and validation of new programs, from business award through production.
- Ensure proper engineering practices/procedures are being followed.
- Drive design standardisation.
- Attend design reviews to ensure feasibility issues are identified and properly addressed.
- Ensure validation gaps/costs are identified and accounted for in advance of a new business win.
- Identify new technology requirements and ensure proper planning/coordination with the Global Development Team is complete in advance of a new business win.
- Review and approve DVP&R's.
- Review and approve DFMEA's
- Balance the workload of the overall engineering team.
- Oversee validation testing for the group; assess stack-up across all programs and ensure a plan is in place to address overall validation needs.
- Set/drive goals & objectives for the local engineering team
- Lead VA/VE activities and drive implementation of improvement ideas.
- Ensure proper usage of GD&T with consideration to actual manufacturing capability.
- Coordinate and conduct training for the group and new team members.
- Proficient in written and spoken English. This position will require significant interaction with other facilities /personnel, globally.
- Ability to motivate and manage a team
- Ability to negotiate with the Customer
- Proficient in computer skills and abilities with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Fundamental knowledge and training in GD&T
- 10+ years of direct relevant engineering experience.
- Experience with automotive A/C and Coolant hose assemblies is preferred, both product and process.
- Knowledge of Hybrid / Electric Vehicle A/C and Cooling Systems is preferred.
- Minimum of Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.