You are here
VP of Legal
- Good package and company profits
- Well-known International brand
About Our Client
Our Client is a well-known International fashion design & production brand with operation and production HQ in Guangdong.
* The VP of Legal will provide analysis and legal advice on commercial and employment matters for the company, draft, negotiate and review commercial contracts, including but not limited to, agreements relating to licensing, distribution, consulting, confidentiality and other business and legal documents.
* Demonstrated experience negotiating and drafting commercial license transactions with large financial institutions, (banks, hedge funds, clearinghouses, exchanges and other capital market entities). Exposure to identifying and addressing software revenue recognition and other accounting issues that arise in commercial transactions in conjunction with the accounting team.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in all interactions with senior management, corporate departments and all levels of employees with high standards for meeting attention to detail.
* Ability to be tactful and assertive and possess the ability to take unpopular positions when necessary while maintaining trust and credibility.
The Successful Applicant
* The ideal individual will be a key thought leader and business advisor in the organisation as well as a managing attorney principally responsible for conducting legal research and providing legal advice to the relevant decision-makers in the organisation.
* Areas of focus include, among other things, advice on commercial transactions, software licensing, contracts, employment, administrative policy, litigation strategy and regulatory compliance issues. Responsibilities
* Provide analysis and legal advice on commercial and employment matters for the company. * Draft, negotiate and review commercial contracts, including but not limited to, agreements relating to licensing, distribution, consulting, confidentiality and other business and legal documents.
* Consistently anticipate, provide timely evaluation, propose mitigation strategies for and advise management of potential risks in contractual, regulatory, revenue recognition, compliance, financial and legal areas.
* Develop, implement, improve and review legal and compliance processes, procedures and training. * Manage and develop productive relationships with outside counsel, where necessary, to cost-effectively and efficiently manage the company's global business needs and relationships.
* Manage, lead and develop a small team of seasoned attorneys and paraprofessionals.
* Coordinate corporate governance management with outside legal counsel. Requirements
* Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school.
* Experienced and comfortable working with strong external advisory counsel; understands how to manage and maximize these relationships.
* Experience managing in-house attorneys and paraprofessionals preferred.
* Strong commercial experience
What's on Offer
* Good package and company profits.
* Comfortable working environment.