You are here
Vice President Asia Operations
- Multisites managment in Asia
- China Based
About Our Client
Our client is a global leader in print and packaging with around 60 manufacturing sites in 14 countries in North America, Europe and Asia Regions. Headquartered in US, they are one of a few companies in the end markets which serve offering a full range of products and service across multiple geographies and serve some of the world's largest companies and leaders in the consumer, health care and multi-media end market.
- Manage effective short-term business planning and forecasting in line with divisional strategy/goals, and establish objectives with employees in support of three plans in order to achieve current year profit targets whilst ensuring sustainable long-term growth and profitability.
- Assist in defining divisional/ business strategy and medium-long term plans to ensure that products and service offerings match existing and emerging market needs and the achievement of business returns in line with the company's strategic goals.
- Ensure that the sales function across the business units maintain effective and profitable relationship with existing customers, thereby achieving organic growth targets whilst still developing a healthy portfolio of new business opportunities; personally participating in major negotiations/discussions as required.
- Ensure that the manufacturing and site management processes of the units employ best practice techniques to achieve maximum operational efficiency and sustained improvements in quality, service and operating costs, thereby matching continual increase in customer expectations and also securing adequate returns on investment.
- Establish consistency in operating standards and an awareness/compliance with safety, health and environmental legislation and Group Policy.
- Ensure that the business units adopt and develop business IT and commercial system , which improve the service offering to customers and maximize efficiency and margin opportunities.
- Ensure that the financial controls and reporting practices with the business units meet Group standards and legal requirements whilst providing reliable and incisive information to assist the professional management of the business .
- Ensure that the cell procurement function maintains effective relationships with suppliers and achieves a level of performance, which matches chosen benchmarks and indices.
- Develop and agree overall labor and capital plans for the business units, varying such plans as necessary to ensure that these valuable resources are fully utilized and developed to match changing market circumstances and provide the foundation for profitability.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be degree qualified and have at least 20 years of broad manufacturing/operation experiences gained from fast paced, competitive and demanding organizations.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience within a general management level position (P&L responsibility)
- Experience of multiple sites management, business reorganization and integration
- Experience of managing centralized functions with associated cost controls /benefits
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practice(GMP) and proven track record of having effectively managed significant process improvement and changes
- Evidence of employing negotiating and consultation skills effectively
- Awareness of current Safety, Health, Environmental and Employment , Legislation
- Understanding of internal/external customer/supplier relationships
- Understanding of Information Systems and their employment within a business and value in offering consolidated information for integrated businesses
- Strong influencing skills, a results oriented approach as well as the ability to lead and manage a wide range of strategic projects while maintaining a practical "hands-on" approach are key success factors
- Strong leadership skills with ability to lead manufacturing in a matrix and complex organization, and familiar with American and British culture
- Intelligent, robust and hard-working, quality conscious, reliable, attention to detail
- Utmost integrity and proven ethical standard is a must
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, Chinese is a plus
What's on Offer
This role will be based in Guangzhou and attractive compensation package will be offered.