You are here
Senior Sales Manager
- Leads and directs the organization towards its primary objectives
- Establishes longer term China growth business strategy
About Our Client
Pacorini Metals is a global metals warehousing and logistics business. The principle activity is the provision of LME warehousing and associated services to traders, producers and consumers of base metals. In addition to the LME business, Pacorini Metals is also active and growing within warehousing, collateral management and value add services for ferroalloys and minor metals. Pacorini Metals has its Global Head Office in Zug, Switzerland and operates in various regions in semi-autonomous offices with their own corporate functions including business development, finance and operations. The Regional Head Office for the Asian Pacific business is based in Singapore and has responsibility for countries like China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, South Korea, Thailand, Vietnam, etc.
Provide leadership and assist the DGM, Commercial - GCA in the development and implementation of the company strategy in line with the overall PMA strategic directions and focus areas, and the context in the country/region.
The incumbent will drive and continuous modification of existing methods in order to increase productivity or to better manage costs and operational overheads.
As the incumbent has to constantly manage divergent needs between various functions and is responsible for the delivery of China business plans, the position will exercise a multi-dimensional role encompassing all areas of the business.
Assist the DGM, Commercial to define, develop, submit for approval and execute visions and strategies for China business, including business planning and budgeting.
Manage the daily business according to the agreed operating principles with DGM, Commercial and relationships with customers, including but not limited to:
- Driving commercial/sales or business development strategy and able to build and capitalise on a wide network of contacts. Can grow existing revenue streams and develop new ones with passion about customer service.
- Establish business priorities to meet customer requirements.
- Determining and executing investments for new equipment, systems, driving and delivering the commercial performance of the business expansions within approved strategy and policy guidelines.
- Improve efficiencies in cost, productivity and customer service.
Monitor budget and minimise significant expenditure variances, staffing levels, managing recruitment, competencies, training, education and career planning, in accordance with legal and company requirements.
- Select, negotiate, and maintain close communication with the regional functional team includes, Legal, HR, Finance, Operations, IT etc. and with suppliers including maintenance of agreed service levels.
- Ensure Financial, Legal, HR, Operations, IT, branding etc. procedures are aligned with Regional norms and standards.
- Drive, develop, and deploy best practices within operations, procurement, security, safety and environmental management.
- Execute appointments and dismissals of own direct reports in conjunction with DGM, Commercial.
- In connection with Asia Pacific regional office ensure risk management policies are enforced.
- Reinforce Pacorini Metals Group culture, values and reputation while ensuring compliance with Pacorini Group policies.
- Government regulatory authorities
- Business community, especially the commodity and logistics sectors
- Being the face of the local business in the eyes of the public
- Local joint venture partners
- Strategic service providers and vendors (e.g. warehouse providers, shipping lines, trucking companies, freight forwarding agents, etc.)
- Greater China staff
- Asia Pacific Senior Management Team
- Other country or regional heads
- Key staff from Asia Pacific regional office
- Key staff from Global office
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum a college degree from an internationally recognised University.
- Minimum 10 years of total working experience with 3 years in management capacity in China.
Experience in the third party logistics sector in non-ferrous metals and/or commodity business sector is required.
- Excellent commercial and entrepreneurial flair is critical to the success of this role.
- Strong builder of relationships with interest parties.
- Good knowledge of the shipping and logistics management industries.
- Good managerial and leadership knowledge, applying best practices to all sections of the business.
- Good leadership and influencing skills with a collaborative work style and fostering cooperation.
- Able to handle company information with confidentiality and discretion.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English is a pre-requisite.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills, including ability to effectively lead and build a team, communicate a vision, make timely and transparent decisions, solve problems and manage conflict.
- Willingness and ability to travel nationally and internationally.
- Previous experience in management in a similar position.
- Ability to handle a large workload, work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Experience of working in a fast changing environment.
- Decision-making and problem solving skills.
- A passion for excellence.
- Ability to create new ideas for generating revenue and business opportunities.
- Resilient when faced with setbacks.
- Overseas experience in similar industry.
What's on Offer
Exposure to Senior Management role
Promote to Head of Commercial within 2-3 years' timeframe