You are here
Senior Sales Executive
Opportunity to join of the prestigious Brithish exhibition business
Great learning and developing opportunity
About Our Client
Media 10 is an award winning media and events company. We are one of the leading players in the industry, and run some of the most iconic and successful events and magazines in the UK, Shanghai and South Africa. These include popular consumer shows such as Grand Designs Live and the Ideal Home Show and some of the most recognised trade shows in architecture & design, including 100% Design and Clerkenwell Design Week. Our magazine portfolio includes consumer titles such as Grand Designs, Good Homes and Gurgle and trade titles such as icon, onoffice and Clerkenwell post. (www.media-ten.com)
As a fun and creative company, with great people and an abundance of ideas, we are passionate about delivering the very best results in everything we do. We've won over 100 industry awards in the last 13 years and are continuing to grow, acquiring/launching magazines and events each year.
Following on from the unprecedented success of Design Shanghai (www.designshanghai.com) Media 10 is expanding its portfolio of events in China. As part of this exciting expansion we are launching two new shows and are looking for new sales talents to join our expanding China team.
- To ensure sales targets (personal & product) are achieved every month/ each event.
- To ensure expected new sales lead generation are achieved consistently.
- To ensure expected telephone call rates, (set by your line manager) are achieved.
- To develop and grow the existing client base and spend.
- To actively and intelligently seek new business.
- To ensure all new business is followed up and turned in to repeat business.
- To ensure that the "quality of exhibitor" is kept at the highest achievable level.
- To manage your clients before, during and after the show.
- To deliver an event section that meets exhibitor and visitor expectations.
- To communicate with your Event Manager to ensure sales targets are being achieved.
- To be prepared to travel to visit relevant events and customers.
- To represent your event and Media 10 at all times in a professional manor.
- To liaise with the operations team ensuring the smooth running of the exhibition during build up, the event open times and break down.
- To communicate with the marketing and features teams ensuring that clients benefit from additional opportunities.
- Communicate with credit control to ensure all contracts are fully paid prior to the event.
- Communicate with the China sales team to make sure all sales leads are pursued.
- To ensure accurate and responsible admin for all stand bookings.
- To ensure that the in-house database is up to date with contacts and comments.
- To support other team members as and when required, and maintain a positive and enthusiastic attitude towards the role and the company.
- To engage fully in training and development.
The Successful Applicant
You will be a sharp, 'fearless', self-starter - motivated by individual targets and career progression. You must have an open mind set and able to think out of the box and provide solution sales to your potential customers. You will have a strong work ethic and minimum 1 years' experience in solution sales and must be able to demonstrate that you have hit and exceeded targets within that time. You will be a strong team player and able to work closely with your Media 10 China and London colleagues and speak fluent Mandarin and English.
What's on Offer
Company is looking for talented, bright individuals who will understand and fit the business culture, work hard, demonstrate passion, boundless energy and the desire to have fun. This role reports to executive level and offers exciting opportunity working within a dynamic, progressive organisation that is looking for someone who really wants to make name for himself/herself within one of the fastest growing industry sector in China currently.
Your commitment and passion to drive sales will be rewarded with a lucrative commission driven remuneration package. Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role which offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities, growing a business new in China. Training and development will be provided to ensure full understanding of the business from both a global corporate and local level. This will be a career developing opportunity for the right candidate.