You are here
Retail Operation Director
- Power to oversee and lead the whole business
- Competitive Salary Package
About Our Client
Over years, our client, as one of the pioneer representing high-end lifestyle home appliance brands, have become the benchmark of luxury of living. Today, the group has expanded business to international cities like Singapore, Shanghai. Its newly launched concept store, House of Madison, is an expression of its retail ambitions, providing a groundbreaking retail experience. The sprawling space serves as a retail playground for tinkers and tinkerers, artists and artisans exploring the intersection of design, gastronomy and the art of expressive living.
o Inspire the team to learn new ways of looking at their business and how to drive sales within the various clientele segments.
o Identify, recruit and develop talents.
o Lead by example on the floor, understand the Client's needs, identify potential areas of improvement and cultivate a feel for the market trends.
o Lead the sales teams to develop a long term excel relationship with business partners and customers.
o Responsible for the managing, planning, directing, organisation and control of sales team to accomplish specific objectives.
o Meeting agreed targets in terms of Retail (Direct Sales, Dealers and Trade Partners), and Service.
o Developing a business plan covering sales, revenue, and expense controls.
o Ensure accounts payable and receivable, contract terms, and other contractual obligations are aligned across all accounts internally or externally, and in compliance with relevant policies (internal and external).
o Direct sales team to identify and utilise business opportunities in present and new business channels.
o Present and gain placement of new products in appropriate channels with higher margin profiles.
o Establish standards and create a world-class sales culture.
o Ensure policies, standards and procedures are communicated and implemented.
o Responsible for all aspects of account management and distribution.
o Develop, implement, maintain, and communicate retail sales operations manual.
Observation, Analysis &Strategy:
o Translate strategic and business goals into concrete and individual actions and objectives.
o Be aware of the competitive landscape and market trends. Work with marketing to execute events and programs to develop new clients, drive sales, and enhance the company's presence in the marketplace.
o Understand the market, its trends and changes.
o Explore and analyse opportunities for competitive advantage and business development.
o Set realistic objectives; develop, implement and control effective sales strategies and sales plans.
o Design a system to obtain data from market place which can be instrumental in developing new sales strategies.
o Obtain market intelligence competitive activities and developments.
Planning & Reporting:
o Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly outlooks on sales, aged inventory, and trends. Status quot reports and gap analysis compared to target with preparing and executing counter measures.
o Build and maintain strategic relationships with relevant decision makers of Key Accounts (trade partners, dealers- and retail clients).
o Develop and maintain good relationship with customers, consultants, contractors and attend
business related functions.
o Participate in account marketing activities and industry trade events.
o Arrange site visits for overseas principle if necessary.
The Successful Applicant
- Master holder in Business Administration, Marketing, Engineering or related discipline
- Over 5 year's sales experience with 3 year's experience in management role
- Proven track record in developing business, achieving business objectives and profitability targets
- Proven track record in managing retail of luxury brands
- Clear minded, well organised and extensive attention to relevant details
- Interest, ability and drive to implement our experiential retail concept and develop it to the next level
- Solid P&L responsibility, strong business sense and customer oriented
- Well organised, works well under pressure, drives initiatives into success
- Possess strong self-motivation, result orientation and determination to meet sales objectives
- Able to work independently as well as a strong team leader and player with a positive and flexible working attitude
- Strong monitoring and analytically skills, sensitive to market changes and critical thinking
- Excellent negotiation, communication and presentation skills and strategic thinking
- Excellent presentation and proficiency in English, and Mandarin
- Excellent use of Excel and PowerPoint
What's on Offer
-Enjoyable working environment and friendly colleges
-Mature company culture
-Broad job scope
-Competitive Salary Package