You are here
Regional Procurement Manager for Chemical Raw Material
- Team management
- Attractive salary
About Our Client
Our client is a leading chemical company operating on global base.
Overall responsibility for being the company's strategic purchasing, market and supplier expert in the Asia region, acting as deputy Purchasing Director.
* Globally coordinates the raw materials procurement strategies and supplier relationships.
* Ensures the company achieves the best prices, payment terms and contactual conditions with all suppliers associated with the product category.
* Identifies areas of the function for improvement, and designs, proposes and obtains approval for various procurement strategies. Agrees annual metrics and targets with the Purchasing Director and reports on a monthly basis to senior management on progress within the function.
* Develop, approve and implement sustainable procurement strategies with, considering the short and long term risk to benefit ratio. Must work closely with Business Unit Heads and Product Line VPs to agree on strategy specifics moving forwards.
* This position will report directly into the Procurement Director and will have regular contact with the executive management team.
The Successful Applicant
* Educated with a Bachelors or Masters degree.
* Minimum of 10 years procurement/ purchasing experience.
* Must have experience of SAP.
* International experience is desirable.
* Must have a proven track record of managing a procurement function including overseeing multiple direct reports, delivering and executing corporate procurement and sourcing strategies across the organisation and increasing profitability across multiple product lines.
* Must be familiar with the Chemicals or Oil & Gas industry including a keen knowledge and understanding of the petrochemical, monomer and polymer markets and any surrounding procurement-related knowledge tailored to these products.
What's on Offer
Attract salary package