About Our Client
A Canadian company in Automotive industry.
- Responsible for managing quality roles; Quality Supervisor(s), Quality Engineers, Quality Inspectors and Technicians, to ensure the appropriate training, coaching and discipline is given to ensure high performance of tasks to meet scheduled requirements
- Oversee quality related problems:
- Address all quality related problems and provide prompt resolutions and recommendations so as to minimize production interruption
- Coordinate problem investigation and completion of customer specific corrective action requirements.
- Control of further processing, delivery or installation of non-conforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected
- Verify the implementation of solutions
- Represent the needs of the customer in internal functions in addressing quality system requirements
- Ensure proper planning and control for all areas of responsibility in Quality department (e.g. labour, overtime, equipment, travel, etc).
- Liaison with customer to ensure customer is supported; travel to customer when required
- Participate in internal quality audits to determine the effectiveness of the quality system. Ensure that production identification, traceability, process control, packaging instructions, first off/ last off procedures are all being adhered to
- Develop and maintain Quality System certifications.
- Support the supplier development process.
- Contribute to ongoing improvements to throughput, inventory and operational expense.
- Abide by all company polices including, but not limited to the following; Health and safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, Human resources policies, and Martinrea Employee Handbook
- Ensure compliance with all applicable codes, standards and legislation including Environmental Legislation, O. Reg 851 for Industrial Establishments, and the Occupational Health and Safety Act (with emphasis on Section 28, (1) (a)-(d), (2) (a)-(c)).
确保遵守现行规章、标准和法律包括环境法规和职业健康和安全行为准则（强调第28章，1) (a)-(d), (2) (a)-(c)）
- Act in compliance with EHS rules and regulations; be authorized to correct nonconformity and propose about continuous improvement of EHS system.
- Other assignments by supervisor
The Successful Applicant
- Community College courses in Quality related discipline; Quality Assurance Certificate (ASQ) preferred
- Strong communicator in the English language, both written and oral
- Minimum 8 - 10 years' experience in Quality position in automotive industry; 5 years at manager level. Must have experience in welding/ stamping facility.
- Through knowledge of blue print reading and interpretation of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Proficient in the understanding and use of Statistical process control (SPC)
- Proficient in the Automotive Industry Core Tools, GD&T, and problem solving
- Proficient in the use of measuring equipment (i.e. venires, micrometer, height gauges, profile projector, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
- High level of time management and ability to lead a large team
What's on Offer