You are here
Principle Mechanical Engineer
- Principle Mechanical Engineer
- tooling, supplier, mechnical, cost down
About Our Client
One of the biggest mobile/telecom supporting parts maker.
1.Review design and provide constructive feedback to US and China based Mechanical Engineering, NPD team.
2. Conduct tooling and production issues root cause analysis and apply design corrections as needed.
3. Must have strong attention to detail, enjoy "hands-on" troubleshooting, and have the ability to update Pro-E 3D models and 2D documentation.
4. Good problem solving, interpersonal, and English / Chinese communication skills are necessary, as well as knowledge of materials and production methods
5. Modify individual component / assembly drawings and Bill of Materials (BOM's) for new and existing products as needed for debug or maintenance.
6. Manage Mechanical BOM and ECO updates through the use of Agile (PLM).
7. Responsible for coordinating quotation packages, parts, tooling, and testing and verification of product requirements.
8. Proactively seeks for cost reduction opportunities. Propose, design, and phase-in changes with no impact to ongoing production.
9. Support product builds for DVT and PVT all the way to production ramp.
10. Participate in supplier qualification and audit1
11.Assist with documentation modification, including product specifications, work instructions, test plans and other documented attributes of the product.
12.The ability to manage new and unique situations with minimal supervision.
13.There is approximately a 40% domestic (Southern China) travel required.
14. Occasional travel to US, Hong Kong, and Taiwan maybe required
The Successful Applicant
BSME or MSME/MSIE preferred.
1.Minimum 10 years related work experience in design, fabrication and qualification required in high volume consumer electronic products and power related products.
2.Program management experience is a plus.
3.Good problem solving skills especially in relation to trouble shooting plastic injection molds, aesthetic defects, part failure, processing issues, etc.
4.Strong knowledge of a variety of manufacturing processes including injection molding, machining, sheet metal, casting and rapid prototyping.
5.A good understanding of and experience with plastic finishing, decorating, sonic welding and other secondary operations is a plus.
6.Tooling drawing review and approval experience is a must
7.At least 4 years of ProEngineer/ProSurface experience must. ISDX experience preferred.
8.Hands on experience in a fast paced and high quality manufacturing environment with a good working understanding of high volume manufacturing process is preferred.
9.Knowledge in Production Part Approval Process (PPAP - gage R&R, FAI, cpk, control plan).
10.Analytical and/or numerical engineering analysis, including tolerance stack-up, moldflow, and CFD experience preferred.
11.Experience working with cross-functional teams managing multiple projects concurrently.
12.Experience in working with contract resources is highly desirable.
13.Strong planning, scheduling, and presentation skills
14.Ability to communicate effectively in English (oral and written) with the product development teams in the USA.
15.Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
16.Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint experience a must.
What's on Offer
Attractive package with bonus & allowance