You are here
- Overall Operations responsibility for a huge Exhibition
- Project Manager required to go through best practice procurement process
About Our Client
My client is responsible for some of the largest exhibitions across Asia, looking at multiple different sectors but predominantly within the Food & Beverage Industry. Their shows are getting larger and more famous each year, culminating in the need to expand their operations.
As the Operations Director, you will be reporting into the Deputy GM for Asia with responsibility to ensure the smooth running of one of the biggest exhibitions in Asia. With a team of specialists underneath you, you will be responsible for the following areas:
- dealing with all of the procurement across the Exhibition Category including Decoration, Furniture, Interior Partitions, Booth Construction as well as all of the necessary equipment needed by all of the different exhibitors.
- you will also be looking at the procurement of marketing services including POS and Print so that the different spaces are to the customers' requirements.
- you will be responsible for the ensure Project overview, ensuring that you understand when different areas of the exhibition need to be completed and what needs to be done to ensure this.
- working very closely with other teams such as sponsorship and sales, you will need to be continually reassessing any areas of change to the different spaces and how to resolve this.
This is a really exciting opportunity to be involved in a Project where the end of year exhibition's success will be down to how well you do.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Operations Director will ideally have experience in the Exhibition Industry and understand exactly what is required to make a huge exhibition successful. You will have experience in purchasing and sourcing suppliers from a number of different Fit-Out and Marketing Categories including the Equipment, Internal Construction, Carpeting, Furniture, Decorations and Marketing. Other attributes include:
- exceptional Project Management skills, ideally with a PMP qualification.
- experience of dealing with multiple stakeholders and influencing them in what needs to be done and when.
- ideally experience in Project budgeting and what needs to be considered to make the exhibition a success from a profit stand point.
Above all you will be passionate and highly driven to succeed with an ability to work autonomously.
What's on Offer
A position of high importance in the business where you will really see the results of your hard work.