You are here
National Trade Marketing Director
- Shanghai Based
- Strong Sales and Marketing expereince
About Our Client
Our client is a leading consumer group and their business has expanded to US, South East Asia, Australia and Greater China. in the past 80 years, they commit to offer a wide range of healthy and great-tasty products for people and the planet. Having over 10 years development in China, they are urgent to look for a well-experienced National Trade Marketing talent to join their China operation as one of key members to drive the success in China.
- Responsible for developing trade marketing strategies, programs and the overall positioning of brands in line with the China business plan to maximize total revenue, market share, and optimize profit returns.
- Recommend trade marketing objectives by strategic review and in-depth analysis of the overall marketing climax: socio-economic factors, consumer behavior, competitive activities, environmental and government requirements
- Align sales and marketing in integrated commercial planning.
- Supervise preparation of national and local trade marketing budget and periodic update & forecast.Evaluate, assess, and recommend various aspects of trade marketing mix with the objective of improving sales and profitability in the short run, and achieving brand image building in the mid to long run in Point of sales.
- Manage the development of detailed trade marketing programs to meet the agreed business goals, targets and KPIs.
- Play a pivotal role in development of the entire China Trade Marketing team and grow future marketing leaders by giving them accountability and opportunities.
- Liaise with BTL advertising agencies from creative processes to outputs and evaluation, while fostering making recommendations for leveraging best practices. Supervise planning, execution and evaluation of consumer promotions. Regular marketing reviews with local Trade Marketing teams, Sales.
- Regular updates to Chief Sales Officer on key initiatives, achievements and upcoming tasks, initiatives, opportunities and challenges.
- Liaise closely with Sales and Brand Marketing team to optimize brand resources and ensure smooth coordination of brand marketing and sales activities.
- Monitor and analyze market trends, competitors' performance, pricing, marketing and strategies, and merchandising activities to develop counteracting strategies and programs.
- Deepen Trade Marketing team members' understanding of and passion for brand & trade marketing strategy through training, collaborative exercises and quarterly reviews.
The Successful Applicant
- University degree holder or equivalent. MBA qualification is an advantage.
- Minimum 15 years or above of demonstrated success in trade marketing roles of MNCs within China, preferably in FMCG field from either client or agency background.
- Strong business sense in strategic planning, formulating brand and marketing strategies, product propositions, and communicate ideas in all marketing disciplines for FMCG.
- In-depth understanding of the China marketing sphere with commitment to drive marketplace success at national level.
- Excellent team leadership with ability to facilitate progressive changes.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills to build credibility and partnerships, including building consensus and resolving conflicts within the company with sensitivity, and winning over peers, suppliers and customers.
- Travel is required to offices and plants in China.
What's on Offer
Attractive salary package will be offered to qualified candidate.