You are here
- Lead team of 8 Managers and total 50 merchandising stuff
- Full category, report to CEO directly
About Our Client
Our client is one of the first and most successful authorized flash sales fashion and luxury e-commerce websites to work exclusively and directly with brands. The company is growing rapidly, with a membership base of over 7 million members, growing at 2,500 new members per day. The company has partnered with over 2,400 international brands to date.
- STRATEGY: Define, implement and execute customer centric merchandising strategy and plans. Understand market trends as well as competitors strengths, weaknesses and strategy.
- REVENUE AND MARGIN: Responsibility to drive the revenue and margin of the company's business units (Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle…etc). Responsible for inventory management and pricing. Develop and execute optimal merchandising strategy, product assortment, pricing, promotions, and merchandising plans by customer segment and by product. Responsible for maintaining and growing revenues from key brand partners as well as overseas agents.
- MERCHANDISING PLANNING/PROCESS: Define, build and lead merchandise planning teams across mei.com. Develop assortments & strategies that provide the Chinese consumer with new Luxury, Fashion and Lifestyle experiences. Pro-actively make adjustments based on sales trends, seasonality factors and other needs as required to meet planned sales and inventory levels. Develop plans to liquidate returned or aged products.
- MERCHANDISING OPERATIONS: Create and implement formal monthly forecast review process and liaise with Operation and Production to ensure 39 hours event preview process. Facilitate and promote timely communication and cooperation between departments, merchandising functions, and resources to accomplish sales, margin, and service objectives. Establish a new Vendor Management System.
- MANAGEMENT: Inspire and develop 50 professionals; recruit, on board and mentor additional 50 + professionals in the next 18 months. Reinforce middle management, drive engagement and passion. Provide direction and guidance to the middle management team.
- TRADING MARKETING: Partner with creative and marketing teams to drive customer excitement, support promotions and improve conversion and leverage brand partners.
- IT &PRODUCT TEAM: Partner with IT and Product teams to deliver an innovative customer experience while also build underlying reporting and analysis tools
- CUSTOMER FOCUS: Continuously engage with our customers, maintain sharp customers insights by analyzing and understanding their behaviors, leverage data's and adjust merchandising strategies to fulfill their needs and desires.
- NEW BUSINESSES: Grow new projects such as Cross-border project. Initiate and implement new business opportunities in the fast growing E-commerce market
- EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT TEAM: Serve on core Executive team, responsible for overall company strategy and direction
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: Support BD team, but does not directly manage it.
The Successful Applicant
- 12 to 15 years experience preferred in retail background, with merchandising environment.
- Experience in building, leading and managing large teams.
- Passionate about Fashion and Trends. Proactive, eager to learn and grow.
- Strong customer centric point of view.
- Excellent communication skill and able to maintain good relationships with key brand partners.
- Strong leadership and influence skill to manage across-functionally.
- Data-driven mindset and solid planning and analytical skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with strong ethics.
- E-commerce experience is highly preferred.
What's on Offer
- Great opportunity to grow with the company has great potential in China
- Very competitive welfare