You are here
Market Manager - CHINA, Elevator Industry
Working in an industry leading company
Ability to get fast track career growth
About Our Client
Our client is a manufacturer of escalators , elevators and moving walkways worldwide.
As market manager, you are specifically responsible for China.
Main responsibilities are:
- Contribute to regional sales strategy and drive the corresponding actions to achieve agreed sales targets in NI and MOD.
- Drive early project identification, effective screening and early influencing of specifications with local TRT and NI sales.
- Lead local market analysis as input for global strategic planning.
- Lead local competitor intelligence collection as input for global competitive analysis.
- Monitor and support local high-rise sales activities.
- Collect VOC (Voice of Customer), systematically analyze customer feedback and initiate improvement actions / programs
with concerned departments.
- Ensure preparation of consistent and insightful won / lost tender reports for all won / lost jobs.
Sales & Marketing activities including:
- Align with local KGs to ensure a common ambition and achieve the sales target for local market.
- Drive aligned strategic planning process (including all necessary preparations) to ensure an aligned market
ambition together with the KGs, for NI and MOD.
- Set and meet challenging and improving targets for sales units, sales value, profitability, portfolio rotation
, and portfolio growth (zero portfolio losses through MOD).
- Research and evaluate new business opportunities for NI/MOD based on customer insights and competitor analysis.
- Prepare standard presentations and support sales for key customers and projects.
- Provide excellent product documentation for training to sales.
- Assist KG sales in monitoring price developments by market and setting market pricing accordingly.
(unlink price and costs, aiming utilizing customer's willingness to pay)
Competitor Intelligence activities including:
- Analyze competitor profiles and moves.
- Analyze technology trends / opportunities.
- Drive strategic marketing with insightful reports.
- Contribute regional input to Market and Competitor Intelligence Manager for global consolidation.
Market Intelligence activities including:
- Research and define new business opportunities.
- Define and update market model and segmentation.
- Lead monthly market reporting.
- Provide insights to drive market driven product development.
The Successful Applicant
-University Degree in marketing or engineering or comparable
-Advanced education in business administration is a plus
-Experience in elevator industry is an asset
-International experience in sales and marketing is a plus
-Proven experience in global cross-functional team work
-Experience in an international company is an asset
-Excellent communication and written skills in English
-Ability to understand culture in CHINA, communicate and socialize with individuals in local organizations.
-Ability to communicate with different internal / external organizations on global level.
-Ability to quickly build rapport with people from different culture background.
-Leadership and social competencies.
-Willingness and flexibility to travel in China on a regular basis.
What's on Offer
Your commitment and passion to drive the marketing function with great empowerment will be rewarded with a highly lucrative remuneration package. Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role which offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.