You are here
- Working within one of the largest BUs, dealing with all domestic logistics
- Exceptional company culture with high potential colleagues and progression
About Our Client
My client is a global multinational organization operating across multiple markets and support businesses including, agriculture, foods, oils, metals, logistics and shipping. With over 30,000 staff worldwide and global revenues in excess of USD $40 billion, this market leading company has committed to continued investment in China as one of its strategically important, high growth markets.
Within this role, you will play a key part in defining the overall Logistics strategy for the Business Unit. Identifying key areas for improvement, you will work closely with all of the key stakeholders to ensure that the service provided is in a quick and efficient manner to maximize profit. Other areas include:
* Warehousing: looking at the strategic positioning of the Warehouses and Distribution Centre's to see if moving them can improve efficiency.
* Transportation: working out the best routes to market and searching the best providers for these.
* Import/Export: managing one colleague to ensure these are adhered to
You will be looking at all of their domestic logistics and working with very senior level stakeholders across the business.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be an expert across all areas of Logistics as well as the Sourcing of these Logistics contracts. You will have come from a best practice background and have dealt with Logistics on a huge scale, both by sea and by road. As well as these, you will understand the requirements from an Audit and Compliance perspective and have set-up and lead large teams of Logistics and Warehouse professionals. Other attributes include:
* experience in centralizing a very de-centralized Logistics operation(s).
* be able to simplify and find solutions to very complex issues.
* Mandarin and English skills a must.
* Multinational experience an advantage.
* track record of cost saving as well as operational excellence.
Ideally you will come from a Fast Paced organization where speed is of the essence. This is essential to maximize the profit of the organization.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and a chance to work with some of the best Supply Chain experts in China. They are going through continuous improvement and will be able to offer significant career progression.