You are here
IT Infrastrucure Director, Growing Hedge Fund
- Head of the IT for Beijing and HK
- Platform is agressivly expanding in Beijing, HK and potentially New York
About Our Client
Our client is a prestigious Hedge Fund based in Beijing focuses on long/short investment for Asia market.
1. Servers / PC / other IT assets management and updating;
2. Maintain PABX system;
3. Backup data, update virus define, set up firewall, improve risk control;
4. Build up, maintain VPN connection with headquarter & branch offices;
5. IT asset management, purchase (PC / network equipment / office equipment etc.);
6. Help desk & troubleshooting; provide other IT-related support and solutions
7. Coach and motivate IT service companies in their job responsibilities, evaluate vendor
8. Perform system optimization, monitor system performance and respond to exceptions;
9. Report to COO about availability & capacity status to ensure a stable and sustainable network
10. Provide technical support for the platforms used in the firm;
11. Oversee all new initiatives or adjustments to existing products and allocation of IT development resources;
12. Advise on all operations systems to ensure they are in line with the overall firm goals;
13. Leading in the planning and scheduling of all technology projects and the definition and documentation of system requirements;
14. Review the day-to-day operations on a continual basis to ensure that they function effectively and efficiently and address any arising issues;
15. Respond to issues raised regarding desktop, skype, laptop, and other technology problems;
16. Provide progress reports to stakeholders on a periodic or as-required basis and address all issues, blockages and risks;
17. Maintain ultimate oversight responsibility for all active projects;
18. Investigate where synergies can be gained by utilizing functional or resource overlaps on different projects.
The Successful Applicant
1. Full-time Bachelor degree above in a relevant discipline (business, engineering, computer science or project management) is recommended
2. Minimum 10 years relevant working experience, with experience in Financial Service industry
3. Strong interpersonal skills and sufficient initiative to work independently;
4. Familiar with DELL Server / Workstation, Cisco Router / Switch / Firewall;
5. Proficient with mainstream visual platform products, such as VMware, can do the
maintenance & implementation work independently;
6. Proficient with MS Windows / Windows Server & MS Exchange / MS Office/ MS SQL /
IIS, can do server setup & maintenance work independently, such as AD / File / Mail /
7. Familiar with mainstream anti-virus / spam / back-up system, can do the maintenance &
implementation work independently;
8. Familiar with Bloomberg;
9. Familiar with mainstream VC system;
10. Certificate holder of CCNA / CCNP / MSCE is preferred.
11. Experience in senior project related roles in financial, preferably investment banking or hedge fund industries, at least 5 of which will be at management level.
12. Meaningful knowledge of Hedge Fund business lines, operational flows, vendors and counterparty services, as well as the technical platforms that support them - both on the business processing (execution, order management, market connectivity, settlement, books and records) as well as the underlying infrastructure - market data infrastructure, web infrastructure, FIX gateways, Windows/Unix/Linux servers, databases, reporting tools, messaging protocols, etc.
What's on Offer
Our client offers a professional working environment and a platform to work with all the top talents from investment banks and private equities. Our client also offers competitive package for the successful candidate.