You are here
Head of Digital
- Lead position in the orgnaizations biggest growth market globally
- Newly created role for the most recongized accreditation body of its kind
About Our Client
R3 is a uniquely global firm with our heart in Asia.
We are here to drive greater marketing effectiveness and efficiency for our clients.
Our company was founded in 2002 on "Three R's" of relations -
R1 - Review - Helping marketers find the right agencies
(Ad, PR, Digital, Media, Research , CRM, Event, etc)
R2 - Remuneration - Helping marketers pay their agencies
R3 - Relationships - Helping marketers keep their agencies
Since 2002, we have expanded to cover another set of "R's"
R4 - Return on Media -Media Auditing / Analysis, including digital
R5 - Return on Assets - since 2005, Consumer Research in China to help marketers measure the value of their assets - be it a celebrity, sponsorship , TV or digital investment
R6 - Return on Investment - a proprietary process to look in detail and benchmark marketing data, processes and structures to drive improvement
Right now, a third of our revenue comes from global clients such as Samsung, VISA, Unilever, Coca-Cola, GM, Huawei. A third of our revenue comes from regional clients such as JNJ, Fonterra, Mastercard and others.
A third of our revenue comes from local clients such as SingTel, Telkomsel Indonesia, AB InBev China, McDonald's China and others. We have 60 people in Beijing, Shanghai , Singapore, KL, Chicago and New York.
It is our goal within three years to have more than half our revenue from global clients and more than two thirds of our revenue on a retainer basis (right now half is). No other consultant in our sector has more than 30% of its revenue on a retainer basis. To this end, we invested in 2010 into a US operation, R3:JLB , a JV between R3 and Chicago based JLB. (www.r3jlb.com)
JOB SCOPE: Play a key role in Best Practice and Project Management
1) Lead, execute and supervise consulting work from the company in China. This means a client interface, as well as internal management and direction.
2/3rd % of the work would be local work.
1/3rd % would be working on global assignments
This could include some regular projects such as
(just as examples only)
oOngoing local consulting projects for JNJ, Coca-Cola, Ferrero , AB InBev, Diageo, Bacardi, adidas, Fonterra and others based in Shanghai
oGlobal assignments for R3 - including potentially Samsung, Microsoft, GM and others
oChina Agency Scope - our report interviewing 200 marketers in China on their agency perceptions and performance
oSupporting Shanghai Business Development - connecting with senior marketers to share our research, insights and case studies
In addition, around half the time will be on Adhoc projects such as Agency Pitch Management, Media Auditing and increasingly more marketing measurement projects.
2) Build and train a team in to improve and grow and expand. All our team are local Chinese with a mixture of experience , but a great energy to grow and learn
3) Support our expansion into ROI measurement and manage the analytical and financial skills to help us deliver work.
4) Add to the culture, not change it. Although we work with the world's largest companies, R3 is very different from a large agency or consultancy - we maintain more of a 'family' feel with extensive collaboration, partnership and no politics. We take pride in what we have achieved, and humility in how we can better ourselves. We welcome ideas and opinions from all levels and it is this accessibility and open culture that we want to build the company on, regardless of geography.
For us, it's more important for us to have people who fit the culture than go out and hire rocket scientists who don't.
5) Integrity. Finally, there is no company in the marketing sector in China that puts a higher value on integrity and honesty. We handle highly confidential information from marketers and agencies, media cost benchmarks and sales information. This person must be beyond reproach
6) Expected time split would be 50% on regular / recurring R3 projects as above and 50% on Adhoc projects
We continue to reward our best people and expand our business. For the right candidate, they could expect to dramatically grow their team and their skillset. After five years, such a senior person should also get the potential for more profit sharing and equity in the firm.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have experience on the client side or agency side of marketing, preferably both, and around 8-15 years of working experience. They cannot be new to China, they must know this market, people and working approach. It's crucial the candidate has a regional / global mindset and is effectively bilingual. Some education or work experience outside of China will be an asset.
We're quite open on past experience Client Side, Advertising, Digital, PR, Research or Media Agencies. The ability to manage and grow clients will be crucial.
What's on Offer
We are flexible on this entirely based on the working experience and capability of the candidate. We aim to pay competitive compensation to our staff. Our current turnover rate at the senior level is below 10%.