You are here
GM (Sourcing) - Leading Footwear Brand
- Excellent Team Culture
- Attractive Salary Package
About Our Client
Our client is a leading premium Footwear company that produces fast fashion footwear to its domestic and international markets. They are now seeking for an experienced General Manger (Footwear) to join the team, based in our China Office.
As a GM, you will be responsible for:
Looking after the whole China based office, you will monitor production planning and schedule, oversee and control cost/budget, QC and all merchandising related issues.
The incumbent will be a personable, hands-on and self-motivated individual with a passion and in-depth knowledge in footwear production with solid experience in managing the entire operational flow of the footwear production from order placement till delivery is made. Prior management experience is required. You will be familiar with the order processing and the production flow and will have knowledge of the product quality.
You will be required to operationally and commercially manage the production and product placement into suitable vendors/factories.
You will be responsible to manage the day to day running for the office of over 80+ staff who include technical and administrative team through pro-active recruitment of additional high quality staff, and mentoring and coaching of these staff to help them achieve their full potential.
Leading from the front with strategic and commercial responsibility for revenue and growth, you will help the office realize its full potential through traditional business leadership.
This role will require you to drive process improvements, manage external relationships with customers and vendors as well as deliver a commitment to continue to achieve optimal results for product quality and manufacturing efficiencies.
Reporting to the head office, you will be accountable for overseeing all operational activities within their China office. With solid understanding of the process and the products, you will manage the team to perform daily operations from order processing, inventory management, quality assurance to trouble shooting on technical issues until delivery is made.
With your knowledge of footwear manufacturing you will evaluate current operational capacity, operational weakness or risks and identify areas for improvement and optimization to ensure the highest level of productivity and quality output.
You will also be the ambassador of the company to facilitate communication of the development plan across all levels internally and also closely monitor the performance of external vendors
The Successful Applicant
To qualify, you will have:
* Strong technical knowledge in footwear and manufacturing experience is mandatory.
* Possess a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
* Customer oriented, result-driven, strong leadership and excellent interpersonal and communication skills are highly desired.
* Strong organizational, project management and technical capability.
* Effective at building relationships and creating influence over the phone, face to face and through networking.
Key Competencies & Experience:
* First-hand experience of business management for international footwear brands
* Strong ability to present your ideas to the management and achieve their approval and support
* Strategic business thinker balanced with energy, drive, passion and the charisma to succeed
* Experience of working with global customers and management teams
* Excellent business development ability with a keen eye on marketing strategy and team management
* Evaluate the performance of vendors and maintain an ongoing process of sourcing
* You will be able to detail highlights to include technical improvements as well as excellent leadership and communication skills.
* You will be approachable and engaging with an outstanding capability to listen, evaluate situations and influence others. You must be able to work successfully within a domestic market whilst demonstrating an international mindset and capacity to deliver
* Experience working internationally or professional qualifications attained overseas will be highly regarded.
* Excellent command of English and Mandarin required.
What's on Offer
Excellent opportunity to explore the fashion footwear world with competitive contract.