You are here
Global Sourcing/Engineering Manager - Softline
- Good team culture and working atmosphere
- High quality professional development platform
About Our Client
Our client is a world-leading manufacture of luggage and travel accessories. It is well known for its advanced innovation in this field and to cope with its rapid development, they are currently welcoming a Technical/Sample Room Manager - Soft Luggage to join their Dongguan operation.
As a Technical Manager - Soft Luggage, you will be responsible for forwarding and explaining the product ranges specifications to the Project Manager, Project Controller and Suppliers.
* Participate into the selection of the suppliers and allocation of ranges by supplier.
* Communicate with the technical teams of the suppliers.
* Follow product in development, analyze construction and anticipate technical issues and solve them in order for the products in development to meet the targeted price point, while maintaining quality compliance for products manufactured for the Company.
* Make necessary construction improvements to ensure quality or facilitate manufacturing
* Responsible for making proposals concerning innovation with a constant watch on technological developments.
* Suggest tests adapted to a given product or given function.
* Responsible for ensuring the product quality in cooperation with the Quality Team, the technical feasibility, samples and production. Ensure that the products are manufactured in line with the FSQ (FSQ = final sample qualification).
* Contribute for respecting the deadlines according to the standard development process.
* In charge of forwarding any request related to suppliers and quality issues.
* In charge of the projects feasibility in relation to R& D from a technical and budget point of view
* Identify areas to improve efficiency and effectiveness in the usage of the machines or manufacturing processes.
* Verification of 3D data in relation to products and/or molds used for production.
The Successful Applicant
You will have minimum of 10 years experience in similar role and a similar industry (luggage, sport shoes, handbags, textile, prams etc.) with relevant technical degree in product process or materials.
Good command in English is a must with strong manufacturing, technical and Quality background in the luggage thermoforming industry. Strong experience in project development management for luggage hard-side products.
What's on Offer
* Good team culture and working atmosphere
* High quality professional development platform
* Attractive salary