General Manager, China
General Manager position
Newly entered China brand
About Our Client
My client brings together the best names in natural medicine to deliver a total suite of superior, scientifically proven healthcare products.
With a history that spans 60 years of science and research into herbal remedies, we are now at the forefront of natural medicine research and development.
Their products are part of everyday life for millions of people around the world who are seeking natural ways to maintain long, healthy lives.
My client proudly owns some of the most reputable and innovative natural healthcare brands and partners with other industry leaders, to provide primary healthcare providers with integrated access to more than 90 leading practitioner-only and retail brands.
Driven by their vision to inspire people to live better lives through natural healthcare, they are committed to ensuring the superiority and efficacy of all products offered under the company umbrella.
The primary responsibilities of the General Manager - China will include:
Operationalise the business strategy through detailed plans around agreed routes to market and opportunities to enhance the value of the VMS and Personal Care range in the China Consumer market.
1) Ensure the commitment to Health, Safety and the environment is fully embraced across the China division of the business. Further, ensure that all activities comply with relevant acts, legal requirements and ethical standards.
2) Drive growth objectives through China in a unified and collaborative way.
3) Optimise operations in China, spanning marketing, sales, supply chain and finance whilst navigating the regulatory framework.
4) Coordinate due diligence efforts, develop the negotiation strategy and lead negotiation discussions. Execute contracts, close deals, and develop integration plans for all new business development and 3rd party suppliers, contractors and providers.
5) Build and lead the China based team with an emphasis on driving a culture of engagement in all aspects and more specifically with the broader community, strong performance enablement and lead, coach and direct all whilst maintaining an entrepreneurial spirit.
6) Lead investigation into growing all channels and exploring new channels, including online.
The Successful Applicant
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
-A successful track record of delivering profitable growth as the leader of a substantial business unit.
-Fluent in Mandarin and English.Undergraduate degree with an MBA or other business qualifications preferred.
-An accomplished professional with strong leadership skills and the ability to influence stakeholders at all levels.
-A comprehensive working knowledge of all aspects of business commercial operations.
-Experience working in a VMS (Vitamins, Minerals,Supplyments) or consumer healthcare sector.
-Confident and competent in leading the end to end operation with a small team independent to the head office in Australia. With expertise in influencing and managing stakeholders across multiple geographies and experience in prioritising in a busy, high pressured and changing environment.
-Understanding of distribution and supply chain offshore into China.
-Expertise of the regulatory environment and sound ability to advise on legislative and other requirements and regulatory compliance.
What's on Offer
The company offers a senior management role which enables candidate to utilise his/her talents in the field. While at the same time, attractive package is provided for the best person to fit in. You will enjoy joining a fast growing and developing team.