You are here
- Shanghai Based
- US company sourcing office in Shanghai
About Our Client
Our client is the undisputed leader in the premium cooler and drink ware markets, representing a lifestyle brand that delivers outstanding premium products to enthusiasts who value quality, performance design and durability. The company has filed initial forms to support an initial public Offering on the New York Stock Exchange. Today, the company is in the processing of establishing a WFOE for the operation in China and urgent to look for a outstanding Finance Director to join their China team.
The China Finance Director is a key member of China Leadership team. Directly report to Group CFO in US with a dottline report to Senior VP pf Global Supply Chain who is based in Asia, He/she will specifically be accountable for goals in the following areas:
- Recruiting, training, retaining and supervision of financial and accounting teams.
- Ensuring accurate, timely financial reporting (management and statutory financial statements).
- Ensure the financial statements are in compliance with US GAAP.
- Identifying process improvements to drive expense savings and to improve accuracy & timeliness of financial close.
- Partnering with the Global Supply Chain VP to ensure that business meets its financial objectives.
- Leading the planning, budgeting, and forecasting process for the region.
- Managing the year-end independent audit.
- Cash flow forecasting, treasury management.
- Controlling operating expenses and capital investments within budget. Monthly forecasting of operating expenses and capital investments.
- Managing vendor disbursements.
- Maintaining and improving appropriate internal control systems and procedures.
- Participating with internal audit projects and testing.
- Active participation in the system implementation project in China.
- Representing the company with key external stakeholders, including independent auditors (Grant Thornton), internal audit (Ernst & Young), tax advisors (PriceWaterhouseCoopers), bankers, lawyers, insurance brokers, tax authorities, vendors and landlords.
- Partner with senior management to develop and implement business strategies.
- Working actively with the legal department to ensure that the company remains in compliance with appropriate rules and regulations.
The Successful Applicant
Successful candidates will posses the following attributes and experience:
- Outstanding academic credentials. Qualified accountant preferred. Big 4 experience preferred.
- 8+ years of professional finance experience expected, with several years in senior financial leadership roles.
- Enjoys working in a fast paced, high growth environment. Able to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- SAP experience preferred. ERP system experience required.
- Strong accounting skills including understanding of US GAAP and IFRS.
- Understanding and experience with Sarbanes Oxley internal control requirements.
- Supervision of clerical and professional staff required.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, with proven cross-cultural skills.
- Fluency in Mandarin required. Functional English required.
- Unquestioned personal integrity and work ethic.
What's on Offer
Great compensation package will be offered to qualified candidate. This role will be based in Shanghai.