You are here
Promising career path
International working environment
About Our Client
Our client is a well-established electronic component manufacturer with operations in various countries, such as USA, Canada, Italy, Mexico, China, etc. For years, our client has been focusing on developing and producing high quality products to its customers, including consumable and industrial sectors.
- Provide daily guidance and direction with EHS programs at the employee/supervisory level to ensure a common and effective approach.
- Assist the management team with maintaining a safe and hazard free environment by working with facility personnel to strengthen compliance with procedures, policies, and regulations. Identify and report any unsafe acts or conditions to management personnel.
- Develop and facilitate training for workers on issues related to environmental, health and safety.
- Coordinate training activity for all new and existing employees or contract workers. Monitor effectiveness of training programs and advise management personnel of any deficiencies.
- Responsible for permitting and hazardous waste compliance.
- Manage all chemicals with respect to inventories, risk management, labeling, disposal, handling and storage.
- Manage the collection, storage, and compliance reporting for all hazardous waste activities.
- Manage the hazardous waste paperwork including manifests, training documentation, Source Reduction plan, Excluded Recyclable Materials Reporting and land bans for generated hazardous waste.
- Manage Hazardous Materials Business Plan, Medical Waste Management Plan and Community Right-to-know requirements and emergency management plans and programs.
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace, conduct and coordinate on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices. Provide advice and counseling for all non-compliance.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree with 3-5 years' experience in Environmental, Health and Safety Management and compliance.
- Must demonstrate the ability to use sound judgement and make decisions as to the accuracy and completeness of information and work performed; must also possess the ability to work independently and to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin.
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. An ability to write reports, business correspondence, and policy and procedure manuals and documentation.
- Strong planning, organisational and follow up skills.
What's on Offer
- International working environment
- Competitive salary